• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

i love all these people saying how you could build the fastest CSVT for $8K. that's like being employee of the month at mcdonalds. you may be special amongst your peers, but to the rest of the world, you still have a slow focking car. :laugh:

my experience and other 3L turbos on here will have to disagree with u big time on that one. I've gat one. (see sig) :). ever seen reeb's(jeff) and rawburts video on u-tube? that might change ur stand. when my car was fine, i hadnt raced an STI i didnt beat from rolling. only a stage 3 srt finally took me. that was my first loss. they'll think its a slow car till they start to smell the smoke coming from my exhausts.

my experience and other 3L turbos on here will have to disagree with u big time on that one. I've gat one. (see sig) :). ever seen reeb's(jeff) and rawburts video on u-tube? that might change ur stand. when my car was fine, i hadnt raced an STI i didnt beat from rolling. they'll think its a slow car till they start to smell the smoke coming from my exhausts.

a mildly modified SRT-4 runs in the 12's. how many contours run in the 12's? zero point zero zero.

i love all these people saying how you could build the fastest CSVT for $8K. that's like being employee of the month at mcdonalds. you may be special amongst your peers, but to the rest of the world, you still have a slow focking car. :laugh:

Coming from the guy that has an rx-8,lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a mildly modified SRT-4 runs in the 12's. how many contours run in the 12's? zero point zero zero.

Yeah because they can't get traction. They are trapping at an fairly hi speed. So while they will get beat off the line, odds are they will catch up to them after a 1/4 mile.

I am ricky booobie,lol hahahaha

Yeah well Pole seems dead set he will have a 12 second contour for sz08 I just hope all that hard work dosent go to waste and blow the motor, then again I dont want to wear a dress so I hope he dosent make it.

That you know of :shrug:

:laugh:

i know han. look, am not gonna say i've gat the fastest car on the road. however, i know what i've got. over 300 to wheels only at 7.5psi. trust me, there is no stage one that can take me rolling. a couple buddies have srts. they're still counting their losses. a stage 2 on the other hand will have to be modded a bit to be able to hang. thats what my experience tells me anyway. i could care less what u're running on the quarter. if u cant take me on the streets or track, times are meaningless.

if u cant take me on the streets or track, times are meaningless.

if you can't hook on the track, you certainly can't hook on the streets. and how many street races are over a 1/4 mile? :help:

i'm not saying tours can't make power, but they will lose to less powerful cars that don't have traction/breakage issues.

if i'm racing someone, it's a 1/4 mile. :shrug:

true, but sounds chicken to me. to make the race even or to see which is the better car, i'd not only agree to a quarter mile, but also in the twisties. this is the way i see it. whoever wins two outta these three tests has the better car. like i said, thats the way i see it anyway :shrug:
1) quarter mile
2) 20 to 60mph i.e from rolling
3) cornering

No, just because it's not publicly advertised on CEG/FCO doesn't mean it doesn't exist ;)

I think it's probably a good bet that it doesn't exist, but it could without any of us knowing.

last time i checked, the burden of proof is on the guy saying it does exist, not the one saying it doesn't.

you don't see me saying there's guys out there that can outrun a cheetah, do you?

true, but sounds chicken to me. to make the race even or to see which is the better car, i'd not only agree to a quarter mile, but also in the twisties. this is the way i see it. whoever wins two outta these three tests has the better car. like i said, thats the way i see it anyway :shrug:
1) quarter mile
2) 20 to 60mph i.e from rolling
3) cornering

chicken? LMFAO! it's not my fault you're working off the wrong platform! in a timed drag race, it's always 1/4 mile or less. "rolling" is not a valid race. i don't see any NHRA classes for it, do you? :rolleyes:

besides, this discussion is about acceleration, not handling. though i think a stock SRT will hand a stock CSVT it's ass on a road course too.

chicken? LMFAO! it's not my fault you're working off the wrong platform! in a timed drag race, it's always 1/4 mile or less. "rolling" is not a valid race. i don't see any NHRA classes for it, do you? :rolleyes:

besides, this discussion is about acceleration, not handling. though i think a stock SRT will hand a stock CSVT it's ass on a road course too.

like i said, i havnt met an srt i havnt beat. look at jeff's video on u tube dude. trust me bro. drive a 3l turbo and u wont have any other. matter of fact, just ride in one. now am pissed! God help me get this car back on the road and i'll take my camera to my buddies' house and film a few runs. that should keep the doubters in check. oh, on the track of course :laugh:

like i said, i havnt met an srt i havnt beat. look at jeff's video on u tube dude. trust me bro. drive a 3l turbo and u wont have any other. matter of fact, just ride in one. now am pissed! God help me get this car back on the road and i'll take my camera to my buddies' house and film a few runs. that should keep the doubters in check. oh, on the track of course :laugh:

I agree, I rode in Ray's when it was Warmongers and WOW, its the best feeling ever.

Runs from a roll tend to be very biased against one car or another too unless you both have an abundance of power.

I know my car blows from lots of typical roll speeds because i'm either too low rpm or too high rpm starting out.

Back