• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If in doubt ask the kids

saintz

CEG'er
Been thinking about changing my dials, thought about whit dials and then plasma.
I was out of ideas so Idecided to get my 6 year old Gwenhwyfar on the case.

This is what we made

Ok
what we have is the main parts of the dash masked by shape stickers, then I am going to spray over Moondust silver. When dry I will peel off the stickers and I hope the result will be some thing diffrent.
here we go...........

will post pictures as I go if you like, just hope it is not a disaster.
Probably will not be everyones cup of tea but I think my kids are gonna love it

Now in primer

Now painted in Moomdust silver, will peel off the stickers in the morning and see what I have

Well job done.............

Looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure how you plan on keeping track of your speed and everything but job well done! I would like to see somethings like that except with all of the numbers visible in blocks like on your speedo. Good work!

what if the speed limit is 50 or if you wanna go 75?

The main parts are there, 30mph is built up areas, 70 mph is Motorway (freeway) 100 MPH if I am feeling naughty and 150 MPH because it is there and I can dream if I want to :laugh:

This is a spare set of dilas I may not use them yet.:cool:

We have a right hotchpotch of speed limits in the UK:-

School Zones 20mph
General urban areas 30mph
Urban dual carriageway ( thats with a median) 40mph
Some 50mph on general roads for no apparent reason
National speed limit roads single 60mph dual 70mph
Motorways 70mph

Try sorting that out if an entry sign to a speed sign goes missing.
Then there are so many automatic GATSO and other speed cameras, very few folks have managed to keep a clean licence, you don't even know that you have been zapped especially with the infrared cameras until the fine and request to send your licence in arrives in the mail.
Each speeding conviction is 3 points on a licence, when you get to 12 you are banned from driving. One guy over here got the whole 12 one Monday morning, with one return trip up a highway on which he used daily, they changed the limit on the Sunday and installed a cammera so bang!

Anyway back to the plot, like 'em Ron but as I said on FMOC think construction and use say you need all the numbers.

Well they are being chucked on Ebay later, see if some crazy bugger with a mind for unusual modz will have them I guess :laugh:

Seriously ? Keep the arts and crafts in the class room,

Not in the car! especially on a part of the car in which you need an accurate display! :mad:

I think it's priceless, but what's with the miles per hour? You blokes run clicks over there, no? Might explain all the tickets, as you painted over the entire km/h spectrum, making the display especially vague. :D

I think it's priceless, but what's with the miles per hour? You blokes run clicks over there, no? Might explain all the tickets, as you painted over the entire km/h spectrum, making the display especially vague. :D

No we run MPH same as you guys :cool:

We have a right hotchpotch of speed limits in the UK:-

School Zones 20mph
General urban areas 30mph
Urban dual carriageway ( thats with a median) 40mph
Some 50mph on general roads for no apparent reason
National speed limit roads single 60mph dual 70mph
Motorways 70mph

Try sorting that out if an entry sign to a speed sign goes missing.
Then there are so many automatic GATSO and other speed cameras, very few folks have managed to keep a clean licence, you don't even know that you have been zapped especially with the infrared cameras until the fine and request to send your licence in arrives in the mail.
Each speeding conviction is 3 points on a licence, when you get to 12 you are banned from driving. One guy over here got the whole 12 one Monday morning, with one return trip up a highway on which he used daily, they changed the limit on the Sunday and installed a cammera so bang!

Anyway back to the plot, like 'em Ron but as I said on FMOC think construction and use say you need all the numbers.

You're British. Your opinion doesn't matter:nonono:

:laugh:

You're British. Your opinion doesn't matter:nonono:

Well seeing as the instruments are on a British car, driven in Britain by a British driver, under British Laws, Rules and regulations I would think my local knowledge did matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

What is it attack the Brits week on here:nonono:

Just so you all know Paul is a respected member of the Mondeo Owners community here in the UK, his knowledge is second to none.
SO
IMHO
His opinion matters.

As for going back on topic

The dials may look retarded as you put it but my 6 year old little girl had fun making them with her daddy.

They are as I say now on eBay so I can make her a little pocket money for what I and others think is a sterling effort.

There you go feel free to go see them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280201013457&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018

Back