• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dare to try warlock mufflers?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
ive been looking at them lately and my buddy got them on his stang and it sounds throaty blocked, and then when its open it sounds like a cammed big block....

and for those of you who dont know, warlock mufflers are a performance muffler that is offset but also has a removable piece that when remove becomes a striaght through pipe. like one of those cheap cut outs.

just wondering if its a good idea on the contour, because i could have nice mufflers, and straight pipes all in one, and have the ability to quiet them for long drives and open them up at night. is it a good idea or what?

Don't know till you try em, but the sound from the V8 "if" it's a V8 is obviously going to be completely different from your our lil V6's...:shrug:

i agree with csvt200, i have one trubendz magnaflow on my car. you can see straight trough it. so theres no restriction and my sound is very refined with no rasp on a non res. no other exhaust mods.

well i reason i was thinking about this muffler is because i was going to have striaght pipes put on in place of the mufflers, but with my headers and my test pipe its WAY too loud for everyday driving so i thought about getting a electric cut out, but then the factory restrictive mufflers are still there... so im not sure what ill do, id just like to have the fact of opening the exhaust up from time to time cause it sounds MEAN! but just gets awful around town and on the highway for more than an our or two

trubendz resonated Borla exhaust period.

headers, optimized y-pipe and test pipe with high flow cat .... loud when you get on it, not annoying while cruising, great sound at idle and on decel ...

wait a minute ... headers and test pipe with stock exhaust is to loud :confused:

my car was way to quiet with headers, and an optimized y-pipe with stock exhaust .... its just about perfect now ...

no i have headers and a catless test pipe, and when the 3.0L was first installed it was done w/o mufflers and it was CRAZY! i had the mufflers disconnect before because sounded good but with headers its too loud for everyday driving.

Trubendz (shudders)

Stupid crappy non-fitting exhaust.

When its on it sounds sweet though.

umm shudders cause its hitting heat shields? i had the prob then fixed it all my myself lol. but when i dropped it again it fell on my face. that hurt

no because trubendz customer service sucks big time. in one week I called three times, no answer, never got an email reply to any of my answers and the only way I knew my exhaust shipped was I got the tracking information emailed to me which was automatically generated! Also the fax form for orders says someone will call or send an email in 24 hours to confirm the order was received, I never was contacted .....

now when I ordered a test pipe w/high flow cat I asked for a O2 bung before the cat. I just about imediately got an email asking about it because they never heard of it before. So I explained that I wanted to use a wideband O2 sensor and have it on the test pipe before the cat .... so what do they do? they take a stardard test pipe and just swap the flanges so now my cat is at the back of the test pipe instead of the front ....

my system fit fairly well but not completely. All of the exhaust hangers lined up and work but the drivers side piping after the split was 2 inches to short ...

I bought a test pipe from them, SS with hi-flow cat.
Its really good quality and fits decent, I'd still like to have an 02 bung added someday. But I have a real Borla cat-back :D

Back