• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connectors interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how much would this option be? I assume they will be cut and everything just requiring butting together and welding, then installing on the car?

ill have to check with john. the whole point is to try to earn some extra cash here. he is trying to make some $ back for buying his welder. maybe like $20 or something. they'll be all cut with chamfered edges, ready to weld. its not a lot of savings but like i said, we're trying to make a liiiittle extra cash here by doing some work. i do all the cutting, chamfering, and shipping. he just does the welding. so its like he'd be totally losing out. that's why i wouldnt want to discount it too much. this wouldnt be possible without his help. and you'd also get to skip out on having to wait to have him weld them. so that's a non-tangible benefit :shrug:

actually might as well be in, these arent easy to get. so if i can get the money when the official buy opens . ill try. lol

Call around to some local shops. Mine cost $40 to install.
I know many Mustang guys have these so it may be worth a call to a shop that works on Mustangs also.
Just make sure that whoever is going to install them has a drive on lift, you want all four wheels level when these get installed.

Weird. SHO's are the opposite
you want them to be under a lil' tension as per Doug from FPS.

Originally Posted by LUCA
Call around to some local shops. Mine cost $40 to install.
I know many Mustang guys have these so it may be worth a call to a shop that works on Mustangs also.
Just make sure that whoever is going to install them has a drive on lift, you want all four wheels level when these get installed.

What kind of shops are they? I called a couple chained shops and no one does it. :shrug:

Could you shed some info on this? I have mine from last GB but had never been able to have it installed. It has sit in my basement over a year. :nonono:

Weird. SHO's are the opposite
you want them to be under a lil' tension as per Doug from FPS.

doug lewis right? john knows him and talks to him often. i think he's in disagreement about that for the SHOs.

Steve, I just tried to PM you but it says your mailbox is full :confused:

yeah, having a car to part plus having my web guy here in ceg plus a myriad of other things it tends to fill up easily :blackeye::crazy: you can email me at svt4stv@gmail.com if its full when you try again.

do you have any rough idea when you want to start the offical GB up for this? :shrug:

searching w/google everything i've found suggests that no pre-tension is the corrrect way to do the. strut tower bars should have pre-tension though.

:)

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/I] Brent372
11. devanmc - interesting depending timing(current car project has all funds)
12. DEVIOUSDEV

If you end up getting them. Buy a can of undercoat, and undercoat the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of them. I painted mine with soem anti-rust stuff and 2 years later they were showing some signs of rusting. Just a heads up.

I might as well jump in on this. Would be curios when this will officially begin. I would need for a cougar tho. Doubt it makes a diff.

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
13. unlegalimgrant@gmail.com (Redmofo NECO)

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49
15. Linkman - depending on timing, not too soon.

I might as well jump in on this. Would be curios when this will officially begin. I would need for a cougar tho. Doubt it makes a diff.

It seems to me that there might be a fitment problem. I know it's the same platform and all but for whatever reason I'm thinking there might be an issue.

Maybe someone can put up the length?

we've already test fitted these on a cougar thanks to DeviousDev. we sold a few sets to some Cougar guys in the last GB. they fit no problem.

I had an exhaust shop weld mine in for me. Cost $50. It's a 30-40 min job and quick cash for them.

Even with aftermarket struts/springs, these are well worth it. I know, I had it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back