• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Original Owner

I bought mine new in August of 2000 with 13 miles on the odometer. It now has 94,500 or so on it.

Thanks to those who have replied. I am surprised by how few there are.

Why would anyone let one of these cars go once they get behind the wheel?

usually the cost of keeping it going, family changes/additions, something new and better comes along.

I've had 3 tours since my fvery first SVT and I still want that one back. I've got a feeling that it's either in a junkyard or recycled into a wheelchair or something by now.

I am.

Actually, I was trying to get an Audi A4, but the dealers weren't working with me.

On a lark I test drove a CSTV. To me it was way more fun than the A4. The motor especially. I bought it on the spot. That was in July 1997.

Last edited:
An original owner here.

The car didn't give me too many troubles. I still enjoy driving it every single time I am behind the wheels. The 3L and the built tranny with LSD and the all new suspension prolong the fun factor.

I bought my SVT Oct 7, 1997 brand spanking new. It has been such a great car to drive. I had a 96 Contour ztec that I was leasing. When the SVT came out I knew I had to have one. I was still in my lease when I test drove the SVT but I didn't care. I dealt with the dealer and they got me out of my lease and into my 98.

The 3L and the built tranny with LSD and the all new suspension prolong the fun factor.

I have done the same - the best part about these cars is they mean more to us then they do to any kind of collector car market so who cares if it isn't the original block.

I race mine and have suffered from many an oiling catastrophy, but I can rebuild it and make it better every time.

I bought mine in October of 2000, the car had been sitting on the dealer lot since February of the same year and I was able to negotiate a killer deal to "take it off their hands". I haven't been able to remove the s*#t eating grin from my face ever since.

I bought mine in October of 2000, the car had been sitting on the dealer lot since February of the same year and I was able to negotiate a killer deal to "take it off their hands". I haven't been able to remove the s*#t eating grin from my face ever since.
Want share with us how good you did?

It took a while to find my paper work......window sticker was $23,535 (the only options were the Smokers Package (little cup that goes in the cup holder) and the rear wing. I bought it with 65 miles for the cash price of $19,595. With taxes and fees I was just under $22,000 out the door (of course financing added another couple grand).

I remember when Big Jim and I were the only ones with miles up there... no, I don't have mine anymore, and I wasn't the original owner to count either (bought it with 2100 miles because the first owner died)...

got mine in 2000 with 162 miles just turned 37k end of last summer

Back