• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bye Bye Jeep

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
As of this afternoon our beloved 2000 Cherokee will be leaving our family....This past Monday, Susie was involved in a serious car accident on the Mass Pike, she and Carter are ok, we spent 4 hours at the hospital running tests. The Jeep didn't fair so well. It's a total loss. We got a fair settlement so this weekend we're car shopping. I think we're going to be picking up an '07 Liberty.

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

Last edited:
As of this afternoon our beloved 2000 Cherokee will be leaving our family....This past Monday, Susie was involved in a serious car accident on the Mass Pike, she and Carter are ok, we spent 4 hours at the hospital running tests. The Jeep didn't fair so well. It's a total loss. We got a fair settlement so this weekend we're car shopping. I think we're going to be picking up an '07 Liberty.

Thank goodness everyone was OK!!!

Go for the CRD Libby!

RJ

ps...here's my old '99 XJ (I used to build expedition rigs :) )

21PR.jpg

TRIP.jpg

Nice rig!! We were considering the CRD but I have some reservations. Engine longevity? Real world gas mileage? She drives mostly highway miles, 35mi/x2 4 days a week. Any word on dealerships in MA servicing the CRDs?

that sucks, seems like the Jeep did its job and kept everyone safe, glad to hear all involved are safe and doing well

Looks like it was an Up Country model as well (Tow Hooks, Skid plates and LSD out back). Did they offer you a buyback on it?

RJ

Wow! I'm glad nobody was hurt - especially at this time. Sad to see the Cherokee gone (the last generation of the great Jeeps IMO) but glad that it did its job well ... especially for an SUV on the highway.

Looks like it was an Up Country model as well (Tow Hooks, Skid plates and LSD out back). Did they offer you a buyback on it?

RJ

We had thoughts of buying it back but decided not to pursue the project. Considering the mileage I tihnk they gave us a fair settlement. Our first child is due in April so I was interested in getting as much as I could and applying it towards a newer vehicle. I don't believe it was upcountry, I'll have to check the old window sticker.

Glad to hear they are alright.

my mother just picked up an '07 liberty a few months ago.
she loves it. i think it is the Latitude edition or something like that.
She found it at a dealer on 114 in Peabody with only 6 miles on it.

We had thoughts of buying it back but decided not to pursue the project. Considering the mileage I tihnk they gave us a fair settlement. Our first child is due in April so I was interested in getting as much as I could and applying it towards a newer vehicle. I don't believe it was upcountry, I'll have to check the old window sticker.

Congrats on the upcoming addition!

wow! eff the Jeep! As long as Sue and baby are ok. That is so scary! :shocked:
You had talked about replacing that Jeep for a while anyway. I figured that's what this thread was going to be about. How awful that she had to go through that. :(

Sue and Carter's safety was absolutely the most important thing. She just loved that Jeep and it served us well over the years so we're sad to see it go. but to turn a frown upside down we bought a new Jeep today! 2007 Liberty Sport, low, low miles. A couple options to make it more interesting and it's certified for 8yrs/80Kmi. We pick it up on Thursday, so things worked out ok in the end.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

There are a lot of them out there. The markets kinda flooded with them. Give it another week or two and you'll see even more show up after the Presidents day weeked. We found some with 2,000 to 17,000mi for only 15K.

mauldinjeep.jpg

It Served you well.

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

Thats a great pic! I'll ave to show the wife, thats exactly how we felt the other day as we removed our things from our beloved XJ.

Back