• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Opinions needed (maybe PS if possible)

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm looking into getting some new rims soon, and i was trying to find something slightly different with a muscle car type of look. I ran across these from American Racing. How do you think these will look? If someone can do a photoshop that would be great.

American Racing muscle razor.
arm_razor_s_ci3_l.jpg

17x7.5
40mm offset

Looking to put them on this
2056366_15_full.jpg

I was thinking of maybe powder coating thing gunmetal. I'll also need some lug adapters since they only come in 17" 4x100. anything larger and they'll be 5-lug

If you don't like them thats cool. I'm not sure about them either. I'm just trying to go for something different. Thats why i was asking for opinions

I think those look great, would like to see a photoshop of them as well. I am not a fan of superleggeras or the euro svt wheels. Too many spokes......

I have to ask, because I see the picture all the time, but what the hell is with the smiley?

I was covering the person's face. They didn't want to be on the website, but thats the best side pic of the car that I have right now:laugh:

At a quick glance, both rims look about the same. So to set it off from what you have now, it would look nice if the spoke area was black with a polished lip.:cool:

At a quick glance, both rims look about the same. So to set it off from what you have now, it would look nice if the spoke area was black with a polished lip.:cool:

Yeah I was thinking about powder coating them a gunmetal color. I'm not sure how much something like that would cost though. I really wish someone could do a photoshop for me:)

I don't think they will fit esp. with a 40mm offset and spacers/adapters. Anything with a lip and spacer is cutting it close. The wheels do look nice IMO. I would want them in a darker color like gunmetal tho with a silver car.

I don't think they will fit esp. with a 40mm offset and spacers/adapters. Anything with a lip and spacer is cutting it close. The wheels do look nice IMO. I would want them in a darker color like gunmetal tho with a silver car.

Yeah thats what I was worried about also

Can we just get away from 5 spoke wheels guys?

There is a world of other styles, try them!

I'm fully aware of the other styles out there, but for now I'm interested in this one. I just saw them when I was searching for wheels for another car and was curious as to how they would look

Can we just get away from 5 spoke wheels guys?

There is a world of other styles, try them!

there is pleanty of styles out there but you can never go wrong with a five spoke. they are IMO the best style.. not to much full faced wheel and not to little. anything else either looks ricey, to gangster, or way to expensive (I.E... Asanti's, Forgiato's, Gienelle, etc.)

Back