• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Torsen or Quaife??

Yeah i know they are a life time warrenty whitch is amazing, but ive heard of them blowing up.. Ive never herd of a Torsen! Anything else i should do while im in there.. (tranny)

Yeah i know they are a life time warrenty whitch is amazing, but ive heard of them blowing up.. Ive never herd of a Torsen! Anything else i should do while im in there.. (tranny)

Maybe the other way around, I've never heard of a Quaife blowing up, but I have heard of a Torsen self destructing.
Also search if your friend, these questions have been answered countless times.

Shift Forks, Synchros, blockers, bearings seals.

Check out this thread.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...4&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=4&vc=1

But torsen comes stock in a lot of fords (svt cobra,svt focus) and ive never heard them breaking??

I dont know where your getting your info from, no svtf ever came with a Torsen or any other lsd for that matter!!!!!

I have a Torsen for a few reasons
It was cheaper when I was ready to buy
It has better torque biasing
And I heard the install was easier

The quaife has a lifetime warantee though.

Yeah i think im gonna go torsen! best price so far..! Thanks for the comments (And i pretty sure 03cobras and the svt focus have stock torsen diff's)

The Torsen was used in the FR200 Focus. I don't believe any other Focus ever got an LSD.

I know I'm a n00b to the ford world (test me on my GM please haha) but IIRC FR 200 was not production.

Regardless this thread was a waste of bandwidth and could have been solved with a search by the OP

I know I'm a n00b to the ford world (test me on my GM please haha) but IIRC FR 200 was not production.

Regardless this thread was a waste of bandwidth and could have been solved with a search by the OP

not sure if the FR200 is the same as the Focus RS over in Europe but it most defiantely did come with a ATB diff, I watched the top gear(iirc) episode where it was tested and they commented about it.

Back