• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

best pedals?

drilling through the steel?? that would be a bit tuff!
As long as you have sharp drill bits it's not bad at all.

HPIM0428.jpg

Sparco pedal covers are pretty nice and I haven't had any problems with them being slippery:

800261_16_full.jpg

Sorry the pic isn't the best... Drilling through the brake and clutch pedals did suck though...

i would like to be able to hard mount the cougar dead pedal (i removed it from the cougar wreck i liberated the brake and accelerator from....basically detached it from the cougar carpet). anyone done this- or hard mounted any other dead pedal? (i know there was once one offered in the svt pedal package in the group buy).

thanks.....lakeside

is there a how to?

is there a how to?

does anybody know the link to a how-to if one, of how to change the accelerator pedal out with the cougar? there's an auto near by and it would be cheaper then dealer if I still gotta buy the brake and clutch. i will check autozone for repair guide info, but I doubt it will be up there.

glblack-

its a relatively easy swap.....but you are going to swap out the whole assembly, not just the accelerator pedal itself!

it will require you to get down on the driver floor of both cars to do. all bolts are reasonably obvious except the uppermost one, which can be a bear to get to...and get a socket on. total of 4 bolts, then lift the pedal assembly off the upper mount and cable. should take about an hour to exchange, longer if you are old like me! well worth the hassle.....a good high powered flashlight/work light will help a lot.

lakeside

You have to get in a horrible position to get to the bolts. I definately recommend taking the panel under the steering column off.

remove the seat
you guys are wussies. i removed the interior fuse panel without taking off the panel under the steering column, much less remove the seat. did it suck? hell yeah. is it possible? most deffinitely.

also IIRC its only 3 bolts for the gas pedal

Glad I read this thread, I was getting a lil pissed about how the Gas pedal would not fit right.:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: Black&Decker to the rescue:laugh: :laugh: :cool:

Back