• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

# 4923 clutch change. lots of pics enjoy

Okay not a lot of pics now. I am getting everything ready and fixed. I took 4 cameras along the trip. So yeh a lot of nice pics .. and really long vids on the highway. CSVT's # 4923,0532,0889 all drove together for 3 Hours Just to get my clutch changed :crazy: ... yeh i knw. Y did i drive that far???? Simply because Greg is the man and the only person i trust my car with, same words from the rest of the crew.Dude is sick( in a good way). I can never forget about Brapple :cool: that guy is a genius, always helped and he knows exactly what he is doing. Cant thank you guys enough. I know its just a clutch change but man we changed in no time and worked on 2 cars after that. Everything was just going by so quick.
I went with a Stock clutch, Spec stage 3+ and flywheel well get on with the 3L n New tranny all at once :drool:

Well here is a few teasers :laugh:

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4384new.jpg

IMG_4326jpgnew.png

IMG_4367.jpg

Nice!!!

Somebody Pm me next time, I would have loved to been there.

:laugh: we started at 9:30am and finished at 3-3:30 pm still not really sure but man we did a lot in those few hours and time went by very quickly felt like a oil change :laugh: which i had to do also along with changing the IAC i believe that is name of it.

:laugh: we started at 9:30am and finished at 3-3:30 pm still not really sure but man we did a lot in those few hours and time went by very quickly felt like a oil change :laugh: which i had to do also along with changing the IAC i believe that is name of it.

Now your just rubbing it in :laugh:

yea gregs a cool guy definetly he wont work on my car because i beat on it... hes nice an mature.

and hes the kinda person i really need help with repairs because ive got no tools and no where to work and i really dont know that much anyhow.

Sorry, but I can't work on someone's specific car every other week, because they neglect it, especially when they are getting advice EVERY DAY from multiple people that are actually trying to help them!!!

That SVT is like a Blackhole, and I'm staying as far away from it is possible!

Greg is the man. Hence why I trust him with my car :cool:. My gosh I love that carport. I've been in there a lot in the past month :crazy: :laugh: haha

WOW! Wish my clutch change would have went that fast last year :blackeye:

If the front 2 y-pipe studs didn't snap, and the rear subframe bolt didn't spin on the driver's side, we would have been done about 30 minutes faster, so maybe 5 hours... and we were taking our time, too! It was a little colder in the carport than it had been in the past 2 weeks, even though we have that sweet bullet heater... plus we were BS'ing a lot while removing/installing parts.

I can't count how many clutches/trannys I've replaced in the last 3 years...

My wife refers to all the guys that come over during these swaps as : "the family" LOL! they are here almost every weekend! :)

what is this cold you guys speak of :confused: it was nice and warm out :laugh:

but in the end I am glad I could help out, was a good time again.

yeah we started around 9:30 and where done with the first car around 3~3:30 ish, clutch, oil change and iac changed out. all said and done it was a 9 to 5 kinda day :laugh:

next car Greg bleed the rear brakes to solve the braking problem.

and then qbcsvt pretty much on his own replaced the imrc controller on his svt as well as fixing the secondary linkage by replacing the plastic bushing.

all in all a good day again. good to hear that everyone is happy and that the cars are running well.

Last edited:
lol, I think I have been over just about every weekend for awhile now :crazy: again just proof how great CEG is :cool:

So true, if i live that close to greg i would actually be there almost everyday .....:laugh::laugh:. I work on random cars all the time around my area in the street freezing my but off. But i wont care if it was a SVT at all. in Greg's case Cougs as well :laugh:

what is this cold you guys speak of :confused: it was nice and warm out :laugh:

but in the end I am glad I could help out, was a good time again.

yeah we started around 9:30 and where done with the first car around 3~3:30 ish, clutch, oil change and iac changed out. all said and done it was a 9 to 5 kinda day :laugh:

next car Greg bleed the rear brakes to solve the braking problem.

and then qbcsvt pretty much on his own replaced the imrc controller on his svt as well as fixing the secondary linkage by replacing the plastic bushing.

all in all a good day again. good to hear that everyone is happy and that the cars are running well.

You and that ( its not cold ) speech again, you had a blanket on man:crazy:, that thing looks so warm you should never be cold again for a couple of years... :laugh:

Man, I wish Greg and the gang was a little closer to me, I'd be up there all the time hanging out or helping where I can.

It's such a pain to find time to take the drive up there on the weekends.

Nice work guys!

Back