• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A sneak peak at the new CEG main site design

That topic has been argued time and time again on the forums. Despite new ownership, I'm sure the general population of CEG (particularly the older members) prefer the text-based format of this board. Signature pictures fall under the same category.

A small avatar like NECO uses is nice, but other than that, I can't stand them. Signature pictures are retarded as well. Who the hell wants to see the same picture 200000 times in one thread because someone posted a lot.

So cnewton44 FTL.

A small avatar like NECO uses is nice, but other than that, I can't stand them. Signature pictures are retarded as well. Who the hell wants to see the same picture 200000 times in one thread because someone posted a lot.

So cnewton44 FTL.

:troutslap:

I never said exactly what I thought would be good. Sig pics are dumb. They are too big 100% of the time. I think a small avatar is a good idea. But whatever.:rolleyes:

I vote for keeping it imageless (avatar and especially sigs). They don't really add anything other than irrelevant distractions. They also add unneeded load on the server.

Unless you want to use the signature pics as a filter. Allow people to have sig images... and anyone that adds one... *bam*.. they're banned! :laugh:

Looks great. It really captures today's automotive feeling.

I saw a sticky in another forum about the new CEG coming and for a second thought I read "new Contour coming." That would have made my day.

Looks great. It really captures today's automotive feeling.

I saw a sticky in another forum about the new CEG coming and for a second thought I read "new Contour coming." That would have made my day.

What forum did you see it in?

yeah, but if he's not I'd like to check it out and see what the other side is saying. :)

all 10 of those guys:laugh:

:)

Haha, yeah the site looks pretty cool.

"Check out my phat whip yo"
ricer-48377.jpg

...with signature pics, the forum would look like this...

Last edited:
Since sig images would take up too much space (agreed) what about a small user avatar near their names?

I actually kinda like our simple approach to forums, just makes it look cleaner imho (not to add the benefits already mentioned like reduced server load) plus it sets us appart from nearly every other [crappy] car forum out there.

Back