• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard Run

Not a problem. I'll be going back out some time next month and I will look then too.

Front seats, top half of the back seat, dash, steering wheel and column and some trim pieces left inside the Silver SVT. SVT cams and back head left on the SVT motor, transmission as well as full suspension and a 3 doors (Passenger side door is stuck shut and caved in).

Blue SVT has dash pieces, custom shaved trunk, hood (kind of banged up and bent), both front fenders and 2 shaved rear doors.

A couple new 98+ Contours were there, didn't really look into them. i saw no good headlights, although some one has a couple really nice ones stashed somewhere :rolleyes:. Mostly pre 98 Zetecs, but still quite a bit of salvageable parts.

All in all, a good day. I made out with rear SVT calipers and brackets, rear leather Cougar seat (For my car :laugh:) and a new gas cap with a leash for my car. Not too shabby. And no sun burn this time!

How was the radio bezel? I still need that too. I completely forgot.:nonono:

If it had any scratches then it's no good in my book. It has to be perfect. ;)

I might have one in my Contour stash in my basement. Right now I'm glued in front of the A/C so I will check later.

There were actually quite a few 98+ Contours with nice interiors, I'm sure there might be something. I'll keep an eye out next time I go to one of the local junk yards.

Great, thanks! PM sent.

If anyone has one or can get me one: I need the cap that covers the low pressure port of the air conditioner line. I took it off and set it on the battery, and forgot to put it back when I was done, drove the car, and now it's gone.

For the caliper spring if its an E1 you can just use any regular contour caliper spring, they all used the same caliper except for the E0, which uses a completely different caliper and bracket. The E0 caliper spring is a pain to track down and when I did my conversion to the E0 SVT brakes, I ended up using the spring off of an '05 focus. It's not the same and not perfect but it is fairly close.

BTW, if anyone does find any E0 caliper springs let me know as i'd like to eventually get the correct one for my car.

BAT did carry them but IMO the quality of them was lousy. I put the first one on with no problems, the second one snapped so I called BAT, they said they were out of them and refused to do anything about it. So, I refuse to do business with them. They lost a $300ish suspension sale on that one. Oh well...

If anyone is out at a junkyard, or has any parts laying around that I need, please let me know. I need:

- overdrive button with the wire still attached; cut off at the bottom
- A/C low pressure port cap
- one of the ford axle nut covers; the thing under the centercap
- trunk shocks for a trunk w/ spoiler

James was checking in on the A/C cover but I still need the O/D button. Thanks folks!

Last edited:
Back