• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lesson learned...

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
'tours can't fly......

so..uhh...few days ago, i kinda made some "friends" with the curb if you will put it that way.....(go ahead get on me for it, idc)

here's the pics. keep in mind, it was 8 am and i was cold and we didnt have enough time to get the wheel off to take a good look. I've posted what i think is broken in the suspension part.

HERE:

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

this wont happen again, ive already promised mom n dad :(

Well you broke your inner/outer tie rod ends, which won't be cheap. Could've tweaked your struts, and the broken rims.

I'd say for a newbie that car is pretty much totaled. How much you want for it?
753338-medium.jpg

I will give you 500 for it. No but seriously we all do stupid stuff as kids and learn our lessions, hopefully this hit to your wallett will make you learn, and be glad you didnt hurt yourself or SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!

Cmon, this can definitely be fixed if you can find someone to fix it for the right price...Sorry about the SVT though, kinda sad to see them getting beat up :(

'tours can't fly......

so..uhh...few days ago, i kinda made some "friends" with the curb if you will put it that way.....(go ahead get on me for it, idc)

here's the pics. keep in mind, it was 8 am and i was cold and we didnt have enough time to get the wheel off to take a good look. I've posted what i think is broken in the suspension part.

this wont happen again, ive already promised mom n dad :(

How fast were you going and how did you not see the curb?

At least your wheel didn't fall off! :shrug:

_MG_0058.jpg

It didn't come off , I can still see it's attached! :laugh:

And if I'm not mistaken, aren't Bagged and someone else in some sort of competition to see who's bought the most SVT's? IIRC

So does this mean we're going to be having a maintenance meet at your place now?

Rockauto.com and a tire shop are going to be your friends.

You did a little number to your bumper as well there buddy. :( Hope you learned a good lesson.

Bagged, Reebs... thoes 2 are some crazy Mofo's!!! just wait till terminators drop in price... lol!

I can still count the ones i've had on 3 hands. :shrug: :laugh: And Im down to 3 SVT's currently. Bagged currently has at least 4 SVT's! :shocked:

and no joke about the terminators... i'd be all over those, but it'll be awhile before prices drop on those suckers.

Last edited:
You did a little number to your bumper as well there buddy. :( Hope you learned a good lesson.

I can still count the ones i've had on 3 hands. :shrug: :laugh: And Im down to 3 SVT's currently. Bagged currently has at least 4 SVT's! :shocked:

and no joke about the terminators... i'd be all over those, but it'll be awhile before prices drop on those suckers.

might be closer to 5 now:laugh:

Back