• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

With all the mangled bodies you created from your crash? :laugh:

nope, I was down taking photos of the waves witht he last storm, and Fox21 news interviewed me :)

here are some of the shots from the day:

wind
DSC_0001.jpg

streamline seagull
DSC_0005.jpg

top of the wall, note the person behind!
DSC_0046.jpg

waves
DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

and i didnt get a shot of it, but when i was almost to the lighthouse, a wave crashed so big that it flooded the stairs going up to it! it was awesome!

i want to see waves like this come in. this was the storm in 2001

http://www.duluthshippingnews.com/storms.html

that is what I was talking about. I saw waves like that once. G.F. and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on valentines day down there (like 1999 or 200 or something) and it was 70 degrees out that day. Next day it looked like that. It was super awesome.

I couldn't even get to within 30 feet of the board walk with out being scared the waves would kill me :laugh:

that is what I was talking about. I saw waves like that once. G.F. and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on valentines day down there (like 1999 or 200 or something) and it was 70 degrees out that day. Next day it looked like that. It was super awesome.

I couldn't even get to within 30 feet of the board walk with out being scared the waves would kill me :laugh:

is that the storm that destroyed the boardwalk?

we are under a blizzard WARNING now here in Duluth with 40+ mph winds off the lake expected friday. if there is ANYWAY i can get down by the lake, i'll be doing it! granted, i still have to be able to get back home :)

they are saying it could be like the blizzard from last march :D

ok, i just like bad weather, wether its a blizzard, thunderstorm, ect ect. should be fun!

i just got back from the lake, and man is it nasty down there. the waves are now pouring over onto the walkway, and the ice/snow/sleet is starting to come down. rotated the snow tires today, so i may be out in it tommorrow :)

i just got back from the lake, and man is it nasty down there. the waves are now pouring over onto the walkway, and the ice/snow/sleet is starting to come down. rotated the snow tires today, so i may be out in it tommorrow :)

We need pics! We need pics! GO GET SOME PICS NOW! :laugh:

We need pics! We need pics! GO GET SOME PICS NOW! :laugh:

sorry, no pics, but since it wasant really snowing yet, i went back down there. i got to see a wave kiss the bottom of the bridge. it was awesome :)

i made the mistake of taking skyline back from 53 to my apartment. i figured it wasnt that bad down by the lake. BIG MISTAKE! it was no visibility at times. a jeep had gone through a little ways in front of me so i had tracks to follow. crazy. thats it for tonight!

if i can get out tommorrow, i'll take some :)

i just went to go out and take some pics, and i belive my drivers sider axle, the one i JUST replaced twice, is broke again! i got the car out fo the snow bank just fine, and when i started to drive through the parking lot, i heard a click click then nothing. the car wont move under its own power. if i crank the wheel and grab a hold of it, i can rotate it myself and slide it back and forth! argh!

now i'll HAVE to drive the fiero, and the earliest that will happen is tommorrow afternoon once the roads are more clear :(

i just went to go out and take some pics, and i belive my drivers sider axle, the one i JUST replaced twice, is broke again! i got the car out fo the snow bank just fine, and when i started to drive through the parking lot, i heard a click click then nothing. the car wont move under its own power. if i crank the wheel and grab a hold of it, i can rotate it myself and slide it back and forth! argh!

Man I think you need to start buying CV shafts somewhere else :help:

Man I think you need to start buying CV shafts somewhere else :help:

thats just it, it IS a reputible shop from what i have known. the first time was a brand new axle, and it turned out to be about a half inch too short. this time i dont knwo what happened, i wasnt beating on the car or anything. NO reason it should have broke. i'll be replacing the axle soon though, and as soon as i figure out what the other suspension clunk is in the front, that car is going bye bye. im tired of it

thats just it, it IS a reputible shop from what i have known. the first time was a brand new axle, and it turned out to be about a half inch too short. this time i dont knwo what happened, i wasnt beating on the car or anything. NO reason it should have broke. i'll be replacing the axle soon though, and as soon as i figure out what the other suspension clunk is in the front, that car is going bye bye. im tired of it

All those communists beating the drum about Honda reliability...and the 20 year old American car is ready to go!

Yes, that's me waving the stars and stripes over here. Can you see it all the way from the land of 10,000 lakes? :cool:

Back