• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT MAF HOUSING DATALOG... IT WORKS!

1fastfucus

CEG'er
The exhaust note changed quite a bit. Rasp seems to almost be gone under normal pedal. Around 50miles and no engine light. Its actually running better at 5k +.

Here are the peaks of the datalogs from a bunch of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls i did out on the country back roads. From the readings it doesnt seem to have thrown the readings off much at all.

STOCK MAF READING
RPM/MAF COUNT
6781/882
6672/892
6756/880
6544/897
6781/893
6720/899

SVT MAF HOUSING
RPM/MAF COUNT
6732/887
6544/888
6443/873
6708/893
6487/887
6660/880

so what did you do exactly?

I was wondering that as well...

I looked at his other post and i'm assuming that he took the stock MAF from his FSVT, swapped the CSVT sensor into that housing and is now using the FSVT housing/CSVT MAF sensor...

Anyone follow that? ;-)

I was wondering that as well...

I looked at his other post and i'm assuming that he took the stock MAF from his FSVT, swapped the CSVT sensor into that housing and is now using the FSVT housing/CSVT MAF sensor...

Anyone follow that? ;-)

Yes.. I removed the MAF sensor from the stock SVT housing because I didnt like the way the MAF adapter plate bolted to the inlet of the housing. It didnt line up at all.

I had a MAF housing left over from when I went with a 3" housing and new MAF for my procharger build on my SVT Focus. It seemed MUCH smoother flowing and I figured id give it a try.

I AM VERY happy with the end result. I just figured my mpg.. 27mpg on 10 gallons of gas (mainly interstate). Ive never been able to get over 25mpg...

the only other difference besides the housing is a 3.5" K&N filter instead of the 3" Auto-Zone Performance Cone the kit came with.

Def good info here. Thanks for the update, this has been argued many many times.What octane are you running.

I wonder what your reading would be with 87 or 89 octane?

I mention doing this when i first joined. I got attacked hardcore for the idea. So i ended up with a 75mm pro-m. Glad somebody took some good notes and posted this information

Def good info here. Thanks for the update, this has been argued many many times.What octane are you running.

I wonder what your reading would be with 87 or 89 octane?

I mention doing this when i first joined. I got attacked hardcore for the idea. So i ended up with a 75mm pro-m. Glad somebody took some good notes and posted this information

I dont know if I would run that low of octane in the svt... Well im luky enough to have a sunoco a mile away.. so of course all I use in my svt focus and svt contour is 94octane.

Well im on over 1000miles with no check engine light.

I surprised a buddy of mine with a durango 5.9 r/t with an exhaust on the hway to a 100 or so last night .. we started side by side and he ended up at my back bumper (all 3 runs). Definatly pulls better on the highway. I ran him before and ended up at his back doors time after time. Only things done since then was test pipe, trubendz y pipe and Fsvt maf housing.

so all you did was put the focus maf housing with the maf on a contour? and it changed the exhaust note? id like to hear it.
yes... its the maf housing off my 03svt focus. I was trying to get clips but every drive-by i do distorts the camera.. its really loud with no mufflers or cats

Back