• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many boosted v6's do we have

well the kit came with an 8 but I decided I wanted to go with 3. The MBC that I got has a cable so that it is adjustable from in the cabin. Also I wanted more range of control over the boost. So instead of having 8 to 12 I know have 3 to 12.

btw I have the same tune you do at the moment :laugh:

:laugh: oh really? Joey must've given u the history of the tune :laugh:. Aye aye aye, lets just say i was the ginueapig for a perfect tune. 3 to 12lbs? hmmm. u're gonna have to let me know how that goes. i'd like to hear what a 3psi full take off would feel like. wheelspin would be minimal obviously.

I counldn't afford Natilus kit yet so i decided to take a different approach. A remote mount turbo.

Ported 3L with all the svt goodies.
msds headers
spec stage I clutch for now + svt flywheel
19lbs injectors for now
svt maf
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
T3 garrett turbo with stage one upgrade
tial bov
sct xcal2
boost gauge Equis oil pressure and volts
still need a wideband.

:laugh: oh really? Joey must've given u the history of the tune :laugh:. Aye aye aye, lets just say i was the ginueapig for a perfect tune. 3 to 12lbs? hmmm. u're gonna have to let me know how that goes. i'd like to hear what a 3psi full take off would feel like. wheelspin would be minimal obviously.

no he didn't tell me about the history, just that it was the same tune you have since we have the same setup. my A/F was right around 13 I believe but I haven't really driven it yet

well the kit came with an 8 but I decided I wanted to go with 3. The MBC that I got has a cable so that it is adjustable from in the cabin. Also I wanted more range of control over the boost. So instead of having 8 to 12 I know have 3 to 12

I could see wanting a 3psi spring if you were going with a electronic type boost controller. Who the hell is going to be ripping through gears, trying to turn a little knob to increase the boost from 3 pounds... Should'a went with a multi stage or electronic boost controller.

I could see wanting a 3psi spring if you were going with a electronic type boost controller. Who the hell is going to be ripping through gears, trying to turn a little knob to increase the boost from 3 pounds... Should'a went with a multi stage or electronic boost controller.

yeah because that is what I said I was going to do :nonono: .

that really isn't safe to be doing while driving, that is a no brainer.

All I wanted at this time was a greater flexability to set my boost as I discribed above.

yeah most likely down the road I will get a nice electronic controller. But for now this will do nicely.

that really isn't safe to be doing while driving, that is a no brainer.

So if you're not adjusting the boost while driving, whats the point in even spending the money on that controller. Why is it needed in the cabin? Why not just make yourself a nice 20 dollar ball & spring MBC and put it under the hood? Not trying to argue with you here, so you can stop being so f**king defensive. I'm just trying to figure out your logic... You can gain flexibility with much cheaper similiar options.

So if you're not adjusting the boost while driving, whats the point in even spending the money on that controller. Why is it needed in the cabin? Why not just make yourself a nice 20 dollar ball & spring MBC and put it under the hood? Not trying to argue with you here, so you can stop being so f**king defensive. I'm just trying to figure out your logic... You can gain flexibility with much cheaper similiar options.

sorry I should of said no adjustments while moving. I liked the concept of being able to adjust the boost from the cabin but didn't want to go all out on an electrinic boost controller. I didn't pay what was listed on the webpage, got it cheaper on ebay. Yes I could make one, but the one i got is very nice and I felt it was resonable in price.

I am being defensive because you already jumped all over me just like this once before when I mentioned that I was going to do this. Same reasons and all .... plus your coming across, now and then, as your way is the best way and the only way and that is what everyone should be doing ...I also had the same reasons before, I want a wide range of boost control and thought the mbc I got was a good solution.

Yes my way is the best lol. My setup is actually exactly what stazi had in his car, a set low boost level and an adjustable high boost, completely flexible... imagine that, all from the flip of a switch inside the cabin. Quit being such a snapper :cry: :cry: :cry:

well I haven't done much data logging yet but I believe it was 14 or so at idle and of course increased as boost increased

i see. i didnt know that. so my A/F is gonna rise with the boost level. i wonder what its gonna read at 12psi.

well from what Joey told me was the more boost the more fuel as the fuel pressure regulator will deliver more fuel since it is vacuum controlled. makes sense to me as when I was running the turbo tune without boost the A/F didn't get much above 14:1, but with a limited few pulls it has gone higher because of the boost.

so i don't know about it changing with more boost but you will get more fuel anyway

Ummm... What?

AFR should be 14.7 at idle and the number should decrease as you go WOT to somewhere in the 12.5-13 range i'm guessing. Maybe a little richer since we're talking about FI.

And MBC's are lame. I personally don't see why you really need adjustable boost unless you're gonna be using a race gas setup on the track or something. (not counting EBC's with gear compensation and etc)

Easiest way to control your boost pressure below what it's set at is to use your right foot.

And MBC's are lame. I personally don't see why you really need adjustable boost unless you're gonna be using a race gas setup on the track or something.

Except in my case where I have a wife and child, one of which drives the car at times, and I don't WANT her having 14PSI at her disposal, yet don't want to pop the hood each and every time she drives..

turn it down, cruise around at 3psi... turn it up when I drive...

Back