• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official black svt thread!

^ got any more pics of that beast? ^

Yes, but not any good ones. If it would ever stop snowing long enough me for to get it washed, I'll try to take some more. Here's one when I had the two black beauties :cry:-
1zpmkh2.jpg

check post 20. not trying to be a dick.

I didn't say they were in bad shape. It was an observation about the color black. I was maybe being a bit too sarcastic. I would take a black CSVT over my T-red GL any day. And I wasn't diggin on your car. It's a nice-looking car to say the least.

that's probably about it. lol. it looks nice but past owners have it destroyed, i been busy cleaning it for about 8 months now and it's still not car show quality.

Good luck with it. It really is a nice car. And to be honest, it looks alot better than my 12-year daily driver

New SVT owner

New SVT owner

Bought SVT #5489 in Mid February, but since I live in Mississippi, had to wait to go get it from my parents house. Finally picked it up this weekend. Bone stock for now. Rolled 40k miles while I drove it back home. :cry:

I Love it, definately a upgrade from my SE Sport. :cool:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
im in the middle of rebuilding my black E1 right now. i'll get some pictures of before and after when im finished.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the build number on the side of the car, leave it where it belongs, under the drivers side headlight saleen style.

Well I like it where it is. Everybody does it under the dhl. Plus as many SVT's that are driving around with the huge SVT on the side I should at least get some props for being original and doing the build number instead.
Wheels are basically the stockers for now. Gonna have something better on in April:dizzy: . Everyone will have to wait to see.

Took these this morning while the thing was halfway clean after getting it washed last night-

102_1548.jpg

102_1554.jpg

102_1559.jpg

And I took these this afternoon after I swapped out my winter wheels/tires for new summer set-

102_1560.jpg

102_1563.jpg

102_1564.jpg

102_1567.jpg

102_1572-1.jpg

102_1583-1.jpg

102_1584-1.jpg

I've got a new set of tires on the way for the rears. It needs them badly.

you guys gotta get them things lower to the ground... especially with the 40 profile tires. i went with 225/45 nittos and looks like this..... on eibach springs and new svt struts.

l_2d58a39890c23426306f0234418931e7.jpg

it has about 1/2" wheel gap in the front, and about 1" in the back. it wasnt fully settled there but was still sitting low. and had a nice rake, contrary to what the norm is with eibach springs.

l_dbd5465f3721fb01f5429f9929ff8993.jpg

you can see there's just about no wheel gap now.

TXOSVT-Your car is alot cleaner than mine...The paint on mine is shot...Clear on the trunk lid is cracking, back bumper paint is thin...Don't want to lower it as I drive 80 freeway miles everyday and don't want to feel every bump /road imperfections.....

you guys gotta get them things lower to the ground... especially with the 40 profile tires. i went with 225/45 nittos and looks like this..... on eibach springs and new svt struts.

Yeah. I have some eibachs and struts on the way, or so I think. Hopefully it will look much better with them on there. I'm a little worried about getting into the parking lot at my apartment with them though, because my front bumper already scrapes if I don't go in at a goofy angle. We'll see what happens.

TXOSVT-Your car is alot cleaner than mine...The paint on mine is shot...Clear on the trunk lid is cracking, back bumper paint is thin...Don't want to lower it as I drive 80 freeway miles everyday and don't want to feel every bump /road imperfections.....

Thanks Frank. I personally don't think that it looks great. It has a lot of flaws in my mind, but I've been told that a lot of the other black ones are much worse. I guess I would say that it's a good 10' car. In reality, for a 8 year old car with 90,000 mostly highway miles, I guess it could be a lot worse. I plan on repainted the front bumper this summer, so hopefully it will look better then.

yu silly midget stalker, you can do better then those pics, common when are you gonna get your ass out to some nice scenery to get some pics?

Back