• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone from Saint Louis?

mine isn't up to par to put in the easter show. some cosmetic issues, but what can I expect from a used car, even if it was a one owner vehicle. even if it was I'm head to SC for spring break, leaving on easter to head over there. staying at a friends house 15 min from the beach. It will be a great week :)

we definitely need to have a G2G sometime soon. the club i'm in (MWH) may be having a cruise mid april sometime

belive me, it doesnt have to be perfect to be in the show. mine is far from it. i bought mine from the original owner too, but my paint is horrible. the hood is checked and there are scratches ALL over it. im working on making it look better, but it all takes money. which i dont really have much of.. im still not sure if im gonna be here either anyway. im either staying here or heading off to Breckenridge with my girlfriend.. but yes, we all definately need to have a cruise or something one weekend. i think the stl mustang club is having a cruise april 12. i might be going with them on that..

I'll have to check the date on ours. I think it's around the same time. Last year I went on a cruise with stl mustangs, not in my car but rode with some friends. it was a good time.

This was the last thread and I thought it might die soon, so I'm up'in it.

I'm pretty new here, and new to contours. My mom has a '98 SE that I'll probably get over the summer once I get my license. How come I've seen like 5 other regular 'tours in the STL area, but no SVTs? I've always wanted to see a CSVT in person. ALso, is this a CSVT only thread or are normal 'tours allowed in here too?

no no, all tours are welcome here! Seeing a CSVT in person can be hard sometimes. I only see them every once in a while on the road. I saw one today on gravois and mackenzie today though.

What area do u live in?

i'm not very far from there at all. I'm right by the airport in St. Ann. I pass through there from time to time going to applebees and esquire. I'm sure we'll have a cruise comin up in a couple weeks if the weather is decent and u could see mine and maybe svtkid if he's free. I'm talking with a guy who just had his csvt totaled out, I believe it was rear ended, youcould buy it and swap the motor/trans and all but the rear bumper cover :) instant svt mock-up

that sounds cool, but I have zero cash right now.

Also, the specs in my sig are for my mom's car, which I'm the only one who drives it because she pprefers the mercedes. Also, I'm still on my permit, so I probably couldn't go to the cruise. But I'm hoping to get my license in the next couple of weeks, just too busy with school, work, cutting grass, and having a life to go get it.

Also, I found this on craigslist. I would probably have the money for it in about a month, if its still for sale. Do you guys think its worth it? What do you think the electrical problems he's describing could be? Anything look TOO fishy? He also lives right down the street from me, and I kinda know him, so I could probably talk him down a little and ask him some more questions.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/630802700.html

i wouldn't say it sounds fishy considering he is telling the problems... engine mounts are easily replaceable with general know-how, a few tools and a jack and stands. I would find out the electrical problems it has. could be causing the fan to not function properly.

svt in st peters/st ann

svt in st peters/st ann

hey whats up all im in st peters getting ready to move back to st ann where i grew up so give me a holla lol

so this guy with the trashed SVT, is his exhaust system still good? Because after seeing the Zetec w/ SVT exhaust on youtube, I want that setup. If you can get in touch with him, ask him if its messed up, if not how much he wants (preferably cheap as dirt) :laugh:.

ya, the guy who got rearended a while ago lives in st. charles. i used to work with him. his name is ian. i think his name on here is starein2myeyes.? i think.. he wont be parting it out though. brapple is gonna buy it from him as a parts car. at least last i heard..

ya, the guy who got rearended a while ago lives in st. charles. i used to work with him. his name is ian. i think his name on here is starein2myeyes.? i think.. he wont be parting it out though. brapple is gonna buy it from him as a parts car. at least last i heard..

where did you hear that?

so this guy with the trashed SVT, is his exhaust system still good? Because after seeing the Zetec w/ SVT exhaust on youtube, I want that setup. If you can get in touch with him, ask him if its messed up, if not how much he wants (preferably cheap as dirt) :laugh:.

bent up the ends of the exhaust. If things go right i'll have a new exhaust on my car first week of may. pm to make an offer on the stock setup?

yeah I went to school with him, didn't really know him though. A guy I deal with at work named Keith knows him apparently. was talking about the car the other day

oh crap. my bad brapple. it was reebs that said he would buy it from him.. oops. i knew it was one of you mods, just had to check my pms to remember which one..:blackeye:

Back