• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone from Saint Louis?

svt tourin

CEG'er
Hi i live in saint louis (south county). i have seen maybe 5 different svt contours. but never could tell if any were ceg 'ers. ust checking if anyone was.

no way man. i live in SoCo too. wats up? ive got a black CSVTand its my dd, so youve probly seen me. ive got the windows blacked out and H&R and Bilstein stickers on the rear windows, so if youve seen that, thats me.

no way man. i live in SoCo too. wats up? ive got a black CSVTand its my dd, so youve probly seen me. ive got the windows blacked out and H&R and Bilstein stickers on the rear windows, so if youve seen that, thats me.

He also says he has a Bondurant SVT, too, but yet to show any pics. Dont' believe him. :laugh:

I'm in St. Louis, (Maryland Heights to be exact). I just a 1998 CSVT silver frost, but I have seen several of them around, including a black one with lots of brand name stickers on it (Duchesne High School, St Charles).

I'm in St. Ann/Breckenridge Hills area. Had a 99 silverfrost svtc from 03-05 until some a*@ clown decided to rear end me in an suv doin 60 at a red light...

Bought an 01 focus in 05, still own and just bought another 99 silverfrost svtc last week :) tinted rear windows, all the rest stock...

im pretty sure that i have about 25% of St. Louis' population of CSVTs.. besides my 4... i only know of about 7 others in the area..

oh i know it is. the majority of people have no idea that a SVT model of the contours were built. actually, i hate to say this, but at least a third or so of the salesmen ive talked to at some of the local ford dealerships have no idea what a SVT contour is either. then again i hate showroom and sales employees at dealers, they dont know s**t. i cant remember how many times ive corrected them, and im only 18. theyre just ignorant.. however, the CSVTs are definately a lost and dying breed because of the low production numbers and lack of advertisement at the time. we're lucky some companies still make parts for them. and thank god for Joey and those guys who started Nautilus. we need some way to improve the power on our outdated tours. they were quick back in the day, but with this new generation of cars and everyone switchin to the 3.5s, we cant keep up any more..

yeah i hear ya on all of that. when I bought my first one years back the salesman didn't know squat about it. I had never heard of it either. when home that night and spent hours readin up on them and decided to buy :) I was surprised on my latest one that one of the sales managers knew even more then me on it! said he was going to buy it but customers come first.

Basically i think it's up to the enthusiasts to keep it going and pass the craze on to others to keep it going. I lit under STL focus owner recently and we started having g2g. Hope to do the same with the csvt.

Also with the car club i'm in, MWH, we have cruises when the weathers warm. feel free to check out our forum. open to anyone. btw you don't have to join mwh to register and post on the site...

http://www.midwesthitters.net

im in st peters all

im in st peters all

hey all whats up ive got a green 99 tour with a 3 liter in her. last weekend i was at heading south on 270 and at about highway 40 i say to my passenger is that a..and shes like yeah it sure looks like another svt tour. the funny thing is he must have seen me commin to cause i come up next to him in the fast lane and hes already given me the thumbs up.his car was a blank stock lookin no wing no tint real clean. as i was diving off at manchester to take my boys to build a bear he dives into the fast lane and gives another thumb up. anybody have a clue who he is.by the way im in st peters

Idk man, i think i still win in the rambling department.. Nice man, i didnt know that there were any green CSVTs around st. louis. Never the less a built 3L one. Ive probly seen two or three other black ones around here besides mine. That wasnt me though, i havent been driving mine in the crappy weather and the salt. Besides, that doesnt even look like mine. Mine is black but its dropped on OZ Superlaggeras, fairly dark tint, and a 2.5" flowmaster exhaust.. Btw, any of you STL guys ever go to the easter car show up in forest park? I usually go, but im not sure if im gonna get a chance to go this year. My dad might have one of my friends take the Bondurant car up there..

Idk man, i think i still win in the rambling department.. Nice man, i didnt know that there were any green CSVTs around st. louis. Never the less a built 3L one. Ive probly seen two or three other black ones around here besides mine. That wasnt me though, i havent been driving mine in the crappy weather and the salt. Besides, that doesnt even look like mine. Mine is black but its dropped on OZ Superlaggeras, fairly dark tint, and a 2.5" flowmaster exhaust.. Btw, any of you STL guys ever go to the easter car show up in forest park? I usually go, but im not sure if im gonna get a chance to go this year. My dad might have one of my friends take the Bondurant car up there..

Let me know if you end up going up there. I would love to go down there just to see what they have down there. I might even take my SVT down there as well.

Ive been for the past 3 years or so with the local SVTOA club, or at least whats left of it.. Im not sure im gonna get a chance to go this year, cause it ends up being over my spring break (yep im still in high school) and my girlfriends parents rented us a condo in Breckinridge, CO. And thats not really something i want to pass up.. However, my buddy might take my car down there just for the hell of it so my black one might be there. Im not sure about the Bondurant car. I think my dad is workin on getting that one down there for sure without actually driving it (because he cant drive because hes in a wheelchair, and its not street legal= no plates).. I'll let you guys know or something when the time comes.

i forgot i posted this. haha. so ya i live in south county. i drive a black 00 svt contour. tinted windows preety much stock. we should get a lot of the svt's together and check out all the svtc's in saint louis! and ya i also get people saying they have never heard of an svt contour

probably not very many on CEG, but i know of probably about 6 others (not including my 4..) in the STL area. im not sure how many are here in south county, but i know of a few in st. charles and one in chesterfield.. i was thinking about maybe taking a few of mine down to the easter car show in forest park. hopefully i'll have mine done by then. im still not sure if i'll be going yet. i might be out of town for spring break.. if not we need to all meet up one weekend somewhere.

Back