• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fiberglass dash

It's probably a secret, like everything else on this website. :blackeye: :rolleyes:

Mark

just like his headlight mods :rolleyes:

dont be retarded, its obviously not a secret considering ive shown a few progress pics. the dash is not in my posession right now it is with the airbrush guy. when i get it back and in the car i will show pics

and as far as the lights im in the process of creating an updated how to so forgive me if i dont want to stop what im doing and explain it to you before im finished

Last edited:
bagged needs to move closer to me...fiberglass work is the one area of customizing that i've yet to learn and be able to do..that and airbrushing,but i could care a less about that.

I havent ever done any fiberglass work, but it has got to be simple, its very basic. You wrap the part in fleece, give it a coat of resin, then fiberglass matting, then more resin and repeat if you want it thicker, then you can stiffen it up more after by either using bondo, or kitty hair on top, then sand and paint.

You just have to get the catalyst right to where you are and the weather you are working in.

fo sho doing the dash is a lot of work

I think your going to be my competition for the the best custom car at SZ08.
:laugh: Mines bone stock looking:laugh:

Thanks for doing a how-to bag for the headlights.

Def post some pics of this so called secret dash everyone is talking about.

I think your going to be my competition for the the best custom car at SZ08.
:laugh: Mines bone stock looking:laugh:

Thanks for doing a how-to bag for the headlights.

Def post some pics of this so called secret dash everyone is talking about.

my car wont be at SZ :blackeye:

WHAT:mad: it friggin better be, I have been wanting to see that car since the first pics I saw of it!

getting it ready for some large shows this year and dont wanna rush it this year, like i did last year but ill be in a turbo tour for SZ and if anyone wants to see the bagged car its in the garage more than welcome to come check it out:cool:

getting it ready for some large shows this year and dont wanna rush it this year, like i did last year but ill be in a turbo tour:cool:

So you will have a turbo tour there? Damnit dude either way I wanted to check your car out man.

Really, I have seen it done hundreds of time and it looks simple, well there goes my theory on that.

The concept is simple, but the execution isn't. A good fiberglass guy will make it look easy, just like Micheal Schumacher makes driving an F1 car really fast look easy.

The concept is simple, but the execution isn't. A good fiberglass guy will make it look easy, just like Micheal Schumacher makes driving an F1 car really fast look easy.

Touche,lol I will try it one of these days and see what I can do.

Back