• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hetfield: Destroyer of diffs

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
More pics to follow, i am le' tired.

100_4184.jpg

100_4185.jpg

Just the start of the puddle.....

100_4186.jpg

he has never shifted the car above 2500 rpm how did he blow the diff? doesnt the car have really low miles too?

he has never shifted the car above 2500 rpm how did he blow the diff? doesnt the car have really low miles too?

If you'd show up for a meet you could ask him personally. :laugh:

IIRC 53K.....there's a built trans at the shop that's been waiting two months to go into his car, now it's time to swap.

he has never shifted the car above 2500 rpm how did he blow the diff?

Pot... kettle... black? Or did you flog your car only when no CEGers were around? :confused: I was shifting from 1st to 2nd at about 6.5k when we heard "screech bang crunch."

The last time I ran at the drag strip I was wheelhopping pretty bad trying to work on my launch, and that was the last time I dumped the clutch. I'm wondering if I didn't start the problem then and finish it off today. Either way, a couple beers later and I wasn't so pissed at myself. Now I just have to find another stock MTX-75 for cheap to give Josh his core back :eek:

Nice work.:laugh:

Josh knows of a junkyard in appleton that has a few MTX-75's and I think their prices aren't so bad :shrug: Just a thought.

Good luck with the swap

my pre98 diff is hella strong, your Csvts SUCK.... hahahaha Drag strippn our cars is the worst thing you can do to them - Sorry to hear Hetfield, good thing you have the HMS sitting around!

Yeah, I knew it would happen eventually. We were going to install the trans next month, so all this did is change our timetable. I have some other stuff going on the car with the trans that's been literally been sitting for years waiting for me to get the balls and the help to pull the motor, so I'm actually looking forward to getting this done.

Pot... kettle... black? Or did you flog your car only when no CEGers were around? :confused: I was shifting from 1st to 2nd at about 6.5k when we heard "screech bang crunch."

The last time I ran at the drag strip I was wheelhopping pretty bad trying to work on my launch, and that was the last time I dumped the clutch. I'm wondering if I didn't start the problem then and finish it off today. Either way, a couple beers later and I wasn't so pissed at myself. Now I just have to find another stock MTX-75 for cheap to give Josh his core back :eek:

bwahahahaha sally

Back