• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing drive - question

if you guys can find 7 places to sleep... by all means, go right ahead. some might wanna bring an air mattress. i have a fold out bed(double i believe), and two fairly large couches. my roommates will hopefully be going back home. if thats the case, i'll have two extra beds as well. as for cedar point, of course im going!

Mike and I also plan on bringing our air mattress to free up couch/bed space for everyone else.
As long as there's floor space for our mattress and Matt's, then we should all be good.
If your roommates are away, that's even better.
Have you talked to them about having so many people crash your place yet?

Yeah but I'd be really sad if I couldn't go, not gonna lie. CEG has become a big part of my life as creepy as that sounds...:crazy:

I really hope you and linds can both go, it really won't be the same without you both there and i really would like to have someone to talk to (meaning linds) i'm going to be bored out of my mind with no one to talk to :cry: please go both of you :laugh:

I really hope you and linds can both go, it really won't be the same without you both there and i really would like to have someone to talk to (meaning linds) i'm going to be bored out of my mind with no one to talk to :cry: please go both of you :laugh:

I felt bad for you and Amanda at SZ 07. You both seemed ridiculously bored. I think she'll forever hate me for dragging her there. :laugh:

This years SZ better not suck again.

I felt bad for you and Amanda at SZ 07. You both seemed ridiculously bored. I think she'll forever hate me for dragging her there. :laugh:

This years SZ better not suck again.

I hope she's going again or I hope your gf's going? I like having girls to talk too? I would love for Jeff and Desiree to go also

So who is NOT going to Cedar Point or taking a longer trip?

I don't have the funds or vacation time available to do something like that. I only get 10 days a year. Last year, I had to put in for a sick day the day after SZ just so I didn't have to drag myself in on the same day I got back from the trip.

With a summer vacation planned in August, I'm don't want to make SZ a huge expensive trip.

So do we have any idea of who is still not going to cedar point? Is it just tony so far? My big trip plans for the summer are falling through and I'm reconsidering SZ, but not CP.

So do we have any idea of who is still not going to cedar point? Is it just tony so far? My big trip plans for the summer are falling through and I'm reconsidering SZ, but not CP.

I have been thinking a little about going to SZ. I go to Carlisle every year, so I might just limit it to that. However, if I make the run to Michigan, I'll be blasting out there without stopping, save for gasoline, iced tea, and cigarettes. I used to live in Montana, and drove back and forth to Massachusetts twice a year, so running to Michigan isn't a big deal.

"Were just out, out, out looking for a pack of cigarettes."

Cannonball%20Run%20Hawaiian%20Tropic%20CU.JPG

"I can't see sh*t can you? No problem, man, no problem!"

"Hide it, hide it, hide it in the...pool."

cannonball-run-feature-20050728115650290.jpg

not sure, we are waiting to hear what Ian and Lindys are doing ... I'm not crazy about roller coasters but Jess is ....

btw, I checked on prices yesterday. $42.95 per person for CP, but $32 if we have a group of 15 or more.
$10 per car to park.
I tried getting AAA prices, but AAANNE didn't have any CP tickets on their website. It's probably just because it's my local AAA or something. I'm going to have to call the 800 number to see if they could offer me discounted tickets.

Last edited:
not sure, we are waiting to hear what Ian and Lindys are doing ... I'm not crazy about roller coasters but Jess is ....

Well I DEFINITELY can't go to Cedar Point. It is completely out of the question. My classes are finishing up that week, and I may try and take a couple final exams early just so I can even GO to SZ. If we end up going, we probably won't be leaving until Friday. I have exams on Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, ALL AT 8AM :mad: (I have another Wednesday night that's irrelevant). Friday's and Monday's exams would have to move definitely, but I'm not sure about Tuesday, because it's at 8, ugh. Where is everyone staying on Friday night and Sunday night?

Where is everyone staying on Friday night and Sunday night?

At the Comfort Suites listed in the SZ threads. It's $65/night.
Although I doubt anyone is going to stay Sunday night. Most likely just drive home after the Sunday event (or skip the Sunday event, whatevah).

We skipped the Sunday event last year.

Zorrex, if you do plan to attend, it is imperative that you speak to your professors immediately about taking the final exam early. This will give them as much time as possible to say yes or no, and allow you to plan accordingly.

I plan on pming you when I have definite details.

Thanks for the info on AAA.
I tried calling earlier. The NNE branch people were dummies and couldn't find me any deals through the Ohio site.
So I put in a request with the Ohio branch for some price quotes on Cedar Point tickets.
I'll let you all know when I get the info from them.

I'm debating whether I should create a thread to invite other CEGers along, especially to help get the group rate. I just don't want to get the scroogy if people say they'll come, but then they don't show up, and I'm stuck with extra tickets at my expense.

I noticed that CP gives military discounted tickets of $32, so I'm going to look into that as well (and see if I can mooch off my brother's military ID). ;)

you didnt even send me a pm kim? theres about 20 places in a 5 mile radius from me that sells cedar point tickets

I finally received a response from AAA Ohio (and it pretty much is doodoo)
Hello Kimberly,

The AAA Ohio Auto Club will be selling the regular admission Cedar Point Tickets, however we do not have the tickets for 2008 at this time. We will receive the tickets sometime in April. Cedar Point opens in early May. We are currently selling Cedar Point season passes. You are welcome to check back with us regarding the status of the tickets by visiting www.aaaohio.com.

Thank you,

Nancy Burdette
E-business Fulfillment Coordinator
90 E. Wilson Bridge Rd.
Worthington, Ohio 43085
info@aaaohio.com
Kinda sounds like they don't sell them at a discount.

I'm helping my bro file his taxes tomorrow night, so I'll see about using his military ID. He owes me. :)

Back