• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing drive - question

We are definitely going to participate in this side-trip to Cedar Point. Please keep us in the loop as far as drive plans and Ohio hotel/sleepover plans go. :)
Also booked our SZ hotel just now, including the extra night needed for the early arrival from Cedar Point (it looks like they gave us the group rate for the extra night -- I didn't even need to ask them to do so). :)

Alright, so here's a rough outline of what I'd like to do this year. Please give it a read and post your opinions:

Tuesday May 13th - depart NH and meet NE'ers along the way (the usual spots)
No leaving at ungodly hours of the morning either. I doubt the CT folks would have to leave their houses any earlier than like 10-11ish.

Drive most of the day Tuesday and stop to sleep for the night. Where we sleep depends on how many people we have in our caravan. I will look at options ranging anywhere from camping, crashing at other CEGers homes, or motel/hotels.
I think driving straight from here to the Cleveland OH area is doable without too much fatigue. It'd be about 11 hours for most, and less obviously for others.

Wednesday May 14th - at a reasonably early hour, depart from Cleveland area and drive roughly one hour to Sandusky Ohio - Cedar Point. Spend the day getting amusement park silly. Park hours that day are 10am-7pm.
Obviously if we sleep further east than Cleveland, the drive to Sandusky in the morning will be a little longer. No more than 2 hours is ideal, IMO.

Most likely we won't stay at the park til closing. Maybe leave a bit early, get some dinner and then depart for Canton, MI, which is 2 hours from Sandusky.
That would mean checking into the hotel in Canton Wednesday night, rather than Thursday the 15th, like most CEGers.
We have never had a problem in the past getting a hotel to extend the discounted rate for extra days, so I doubt this will be a problem. I'll look into it just in case anyone is nervous about it.

Thursday May 15th - sleep in to your heart's content. Spending the day chilling out, maybe wash your car, whatevah!
The Waterford Hills racing event will be on this day, so you get to look forward to attending that if you like.

You know the schedule for the rest of the weekend.

The trip home can be similar to the trip out, without Cedar Point of course, but that will also depend on when we leave.
I know some people like to skip out on the Sunday event and just go home, but I'd prefer not to. So we'll need to discuss those options as well.

Our room is now finally booked.
May 14-18th. There was no trouble getting the group rate for all 4 nights.

zorrex, have you talked to your professors yet about your schedule?

As of now, the list of definites for the day at CP are:

1. bishop375
2. Robinator
3. Elky
4. Jess
5. Cobra
6. fblue
7. rouar

oh and most likely Shawn, although I still haven't confirmed 100% with him that all 7 of us will be crashing his pad on the 13th. I'm definitely up for it rather than shelling out money on a hotel.

But yeah, if anyone else wants to do CP with us on the 14th, then that'd be cool.

As of now, the list of definites for the day at CP are:

1. bishop375
2. Robinator
3. Elky
4. Jess
5. Cobra
6. fblue
7. rouar

oh and most likely Shawn, although I still haven't confirmed 100% with him that all 7 of us will be crashing his pad on the 13th. I'm definitely up for it rather than shelling out money on a hotel.

But yeah, if anyone else wants to do CP with us on the 14th, then that'd be cool.

if you guys can find 7 places to sleep... by all means, go right ahead. some might wanna bring an air mattress. i have a fold out bed(double i believe), and two fairly large couches. my roommates will hopefully be going back home. if thats the case, i'll have two extra beds as well. as for cedar point, of course im going!

edit: oh god, i just read the list... elky will be staying at my place. i better find the key to lock my room.

My air mattress and sleeping bag reside permanently in my car.
Thanks for the invite to host.

ok, so i read a little.

and don't be panzy's, you don't leave CP early, what's wrong with you. if i go i'll be driving from where i live, which is about 150mi one way, i will then drive home that same day after we all leave. so don't be lame, cause if i go, we're staying til close.

No I haven't talked to my professors about taking exams early. This is going to be very difficult but I'll see what I can do. I'll talk with them within the next week HOPEFULLY. Although I have 3 exams next week and really need to study. I really want to go but I need to be realistic and need to do well in all my classes. I didn't do very well last semester and need to step it up this semester. Besides, the exact final exam schedule has not been posted. The one thing I do know is that they start on that Thursday and run through the next Wednesday. To make it to SZ I would need to leave on Friday morning, and I'd be leaving SZ Monday morning, making it home Monday night. Right? lol

That's rough. Studies are more important. Good luck seeing if you can request to take the exams early, but definitely don't go to SZ if your requests are denied.

That's rough. Studies are more important. Good luck seeing if you can request to take the exams early, but definitely don't go to SZ if your requests are denied.

Yeah but I'd be really sad if I couldn't go, not gonna lie. CEG has become a big part of my life as creepy as that sounds...:crazy:

Back