• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How often do you wash your car?

How often do you wash your car?

• Once a week

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Next spring

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters

G Stone

CEG'er
Now that is is winter (in much of the U.S. atleast) I was wondering how fequent people wash their cars. Here in Brainerd, MN it has been very cold, snowy and salty. I think I may try to wash the car once a month although I think I have enough wax on there that I prolly don't need to. Anyway, just wondering.

as often as the weather lets me. last year pretty much after each snow storm if there wasn't going to be anything for awhile, and when the temp was high enough to not let the car freeze right up

When I had a garage to wash it in, sometimes it was a couple times a week if it was dirty. Now that I'm off on my own, during the summer it was generally once a week. Right now though that its freezing, its whenever I can get to a garage as I refuse to take it through a car wash.

In the summer every friday after work and every other friday it gets a coat of wax. But now in the winter maybe once every 2 months. Its filthy now and driving me crazy, it will be clean for next week when I drive to Hilton Head:laugh:

i use a touchless car wash. as soon as i pull out of it i dry it by hand. its better than nothing in the winter. if theres still dirt on it i will use a quick detailer in my garage.

Usually I almost never good during the winter, because the doors would freeze. Now that I'm out of college, I can use my rescue squad's garage... they've got drains, hoses, etc, and everything is heated and enclosed.

The joys of SW FL no freezeing water or snow..I use to wash it every 3 days or so just to keep the dust/dirt off now once a week or so speaking of witch i need to give it a full detail today
after just regular washing i will sometimes still put a coat of wax on..

I will usally clay it once every 2months or as needed..And protect with a poly seal

I wash once or twice a week in nice weather, when its cold not nearly as much. I hate paying for car washes because usually the car will just get dirty within a matter of minutes again, but atleast once a month in the winter(touchless of course).

I work at Franks Truck Wash in Barkeyville so depending on the weather sometimes 2-3 times a week with Rainex wax since I can do it for free :D, it's rusting a little bit so I'm trying to keep the salt off of it.

I probably wash (manual car wash) my Cougar twice a month here during the winter. I just bring it home and park it in the garage for a few hours. Then spray down my locks and door jams with de-icer and park it back outside :laugh:

My car sits all winter, and it had a nice bath before its 6 month snooze.:laugh:
During the summer it's once a week, wax at least once a month. I can't wait for warm weather so I can get waxing again!:cool:

I voted for "next spring" and that's not an exaggeration. Its usually coated with road salt all winter, as the car washes around here are closed if its below 32 degrees. After owning it for over 9 years, the pride of ownership has kind of worn off.

I hate to admit it, but I took my first trip to the car wash (ever) this past weekend. :shocked: :nonono:
I've always put my time and money into making the car run better oppose to looking better. However, I love the way it shines now. :rolleyes:

This is the first winter my car has ever been in so i try to wash it when ever its above 32. So it could be a week or a month. The reason i wait till its above 32 is i am affraid what could happen if ice forms on the car in areas that might be bad if frozen.

I wash mine every time I fill up, unless it's below about 20, because then the washes are closed up. I try to always do the touchless with the undercarriage spray, because they put some horrible crap on the roads here. It's too cold here to use salt - it just freezes in slushy ruts - so they use some sort of other chemical that is just as corrosive, if not more so. They also dump sand and gravel in intersections and on curves on the highways. Makes for really nice windshield chips - 1 so far in the SVT this winter - my record is 6 in one winter in the RX-8.

not often enough, Allthough when it warms up thats the first thing im doin

As often as the weather permits. I do not wash it in an automated touchless wash below 20 degrees and only by hand is above freezing. Due to shedule and weather, it's been about twice a month so far this winter.

Wash it in the winter when you can't read the 24Valve High Output badge. :crazy: Actually I try to get it washed once a month or so with an underbody spray.

Back