• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CEG'er Got a new car...guess who?

It was stupid to keep the dog loose in the car, especially right in front of the airbag when the car is in motion. Accidents can happen at any time for any reason, and that dog would be dead instantly in that close range to the airbag.
Like cats, small dogs should be in crates in the back seat of a moving vehicle.

free PSA's with every picture posted, haha, jk matt :)

Nice addition!! If you need a green one in the future....lemme know and I'll keep ya in mind. Needs some work...but it'd be a good 3L candidate!!!!

DAMN IT BONNIE

you know I have been looking for a tropic green SVT forever :cry:

I keep my eyes open all the time, and that is how I find so many SVTs worth buying, or cars in general. I plan on fixing this one up real good and stealing some goodies off it for my 3LT; then I'll drive it throughout the winter while the 3L gets more surgery in my garage.

Shoot me a PM when you are ready to sell. Try to blow the motor first, I want it cheaper. :laugh:

Reebs

call me crazy, but if i were you i probably would have got rid of all my other contours and kept the turbo! especially considering what you sold it for :shrug:

call me crazy, but if i were you i probably would have got rid of all my other contours and kept the turbo! especially considering what you sold it for :shrug:

You're not crazy at all, but what can ya do when you have major important bills and school debt that you need to take care of along with just buying a new house? :( It was a tough time but I am getting back on my feet. I didn't even own an SVT for a while there. I sold the 3L turbo and downgraded to a Contour SE. Now I am back in the game with the 3L soon to be 3LT and a nice daily SVT. :) You are right though, I do still dream at night that I have that car. The new T Red paint was :drool: ! I am just glad it stayed local and I can't wait to cruise with the current owner next summer!

I was more interested in how the Dog reached the pedels, since it look like it was doing all the driving.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When I was a Cop I use to pull people over for such stuff and give a ticket for obstructed view of mirrors:laugh: and that really piss them off.

I was more interested in how the Dog reached the pedels, since it look like it was doing all the driving.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When I was a Cop I use to pull people over for such stuff and give a ticket for obstructed view of mirrors:laugh: and that really piss them off.

the dog is so small, you wouldnt have even seen him from out side of the car if you were driving by. He mostly slept on Jeff's lap or mine.

Speaking of cops, my buddy who went down with me to drive me back home got pulled over for following me too closely, but after getting pulled over the cop discovered he had no proof of insurance(just bought car) and improperly displayed plates(took from his other car) so he got $300 worth of tickets, which made me feel bad since I was the reason he came in the first place.

Jeff, did you do a few pulls against your straight 3L swap on the way home?

Yeah, the 3L pulls on your old car insanely. It isn't even close and my 3L is tuned for boost so I am lacking a decent amount of power there. We did pulls in all gears and the 2.5 was just no match, even with the 2.5's headers, y, etc..

Yeah, the 3L pulls on your old car insanely. It isn't even close and my 3L is tuned for boost so I am lacking a decent amount of power there. We did pulls in all gears and the 2.5 was just no match, even with the 2.5's headers, y, etc..

poor 2.5 didnt even have a chance :(

but driving the 3L for most of the way home made up for me getting my butt kicked in the 2.5 :D :drool:

Speaking of cops, my buddy who went down with me to drive me back home got pulled over for following me too closely, but after getting pulled over the cop discovered he had no proof of insurance(just bought car) and improperly displayed plates(took from his other car) so he got $300 worth of tickets, which made me feel bad since I was the reason he came in the first place.

what the hell were u thinkin sellin

Just didn't feel like pulling the trans in my small 3rd bay garage in freezing temperature and being on my wet back on snow and melted slush with poor lighting, no engine hoist, and numb hands. Easier to just get another car for me, but it might be another svt who knows.

Back