• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

300mmx278mm brake group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, nothing

Nope, nothing

I tried to send you a down payment but don't know if it went through. I had lost my internet connection right in the middle of the transaction! Let me know if it went through. My paypal addy is unchained19845150@yahoo and it had a message saying it was from me attached to it.

Nothing came through on paypal, you might want to try it again. I also had internet issues tonight.

Hmm, rear installation seems more difficult than I had imagined. Not too hard, but more cutting/griding than I had pictured.

Im going to have to find someone with a chop saw, as I have none! Or will a handheld grinder like the red one in the pics work for widening the rear brackets? That, I have.

Last edited:
what are my chances of getting this done with a big dremel? I dont have access to the tools pictures, and I don't know what a chop saw is. I am willing to grind away at a rotor for hours if that is what it takes though.

Could you recommend some dremel bits that I could use to get this done? I might have access to a cordless drill, but I have had better luck with a corded dremel. Cordless drills don't seem to last very long when grinding away at metal.

After some deep thinking i came up with that i dont need this kit, i already paid in full for my spot and all. Im not backing out but if theres anyone that wants my spot you can pm me and we can make something happen. I put in for both front and rear kits. Thanks and sry.

Its a great product, just not needed to me.

I did the first bracket with a dremel setup. Takes a while. The second one was done the chop saw method and it went very fast.

It really isn't that hard with a dremel and stones and a drill.

Any good carbide bit will cut through any of it too.

The handheld grinder will work for much of it but deep inside you will have to use the dremel.

Also you guys are forgetting that the thinner the rotor the less issues. Just turn down your old front rotors to just above min spec (if they aren't there already) and it will almost fit already. I had to do all that with brand new thick rotors that I only took off .020" off each side.
All you are doing is clearing areas that touch as you test fit. Should be easy for most of you.

Also the notching of the rear spindle may be unnecessary as I designed an indentation in the rear bracketry to accomodate it. Very little will be needed.

Hey Todd, not sure if you clicked on that link, but from 6 on, it's overlapping. 13-20 are sitting on top of 7-12, and the 2nd and 3rd picture are also scrambled into the text.

Mark

Keeping the list at the top of the page

Keeping the list at the top of the page

Just making it easy for those people who look at the thread to see the list right off the bat.

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1.<paid> Rara
2.<paid> LoveMySVT
4.<paid> BigJim
5.<paid> nadthomas
6.<paid> 99 red SVT
7.<paid> juspifool
8.<paid> SVTforme
9.<paid> Linkman
10.<paid> ExDelayed

BOTH SETS:
1.<paid> Kremithefrog [Finally ID's himself...slowpoke. lol]
2.<paid> starjammir
3.<paid> KingpinSVT
4.<paid> DyComet [Also gets pair brackets]
5.<paid> RandyCSVT
6.<mo> Cougar99 [contacted - MO via mail]
7.<paid> JEDsContour
8.<paid> JEDsContour
9.<paid> rkneeshaw3.0
10.<paid> SvtTour98.5-3
11.<paid> mond12345 (NECO)
12.<paid> BlackE1
13.<paid> Bensenvill (NECO) [Deposit sent]
14.<paid> Y2KSVT [Deposit Sent]
15.<paid> Slowcat (NECO) [Deposit Sent]
16.<paid> ZomzSVT [Deposit sent.]
17. <paid> CSVT1214 [Deposit Sent]
18.<paid> SVT3391 [Deposit Sent]
19. TourDeForce
20. iluvmytour
21. Mustang
22. Giddyup306
23. RodneyBur
24. Stilov

Please do; I clicked the link and got a bunch of chicks wanting to be my friend. Except, I don't think they wanted to be just friends, I think they might want some intimate relations! :shocked:

Updated list, Wednesday

Updated list, Wednesday

REAR SET:
1.<paid> Rara
2.<paid> LoveMySVT
4.<paid> BigJim
5.<paid> nadthomas
6.<paid> 99 red SVT
7.<paid> juspifool
8.<paid> SVTforme
9.<paid> Linkman
10.<paid> ExDelayed

BOTH SETS:
1.<paid> Kremithefrog
2.<paid> starjammir
3.<paid> KingpinSVT
4.<paid> DyComet [Also gets pair brackets]
5.<paid> RandyCSVT
6.<paid> Cougar99
7.<paid> JEDsContour
8.<paid> JEDsContour
9.<paid> rkneeshaw3.0
10.<paid> SvtTour98.5-3
11.<paid> mond12345 (NECO)
12.<paid> BlackE1
13.<paid> Bensenvill (NECO) [Deposit sent]
14.<paid> Y2KSVT [Deposit Sent]
15.<paid> Slowcat (NECO) [Deposit Sent]
16.<paid> ZomzSVT [Deposit sent.]
17. <paid> CSVT1214 [Deposit Sent]
18.<paid> SVT3391 [Deposit Sent]
19.<paid> TourDeForce[Deposit Sent]
20. iluvmytour
21. Mustang
22. Giddyup306
23. RodneyBur
24. Stilov

Last edited:
After some deep thinking i came up with that i dont need this kit, i already paid in full for my spot and all. Im not backing out but if theres anyone that wants my spot you can pm me and we can make something happen. I put in for both front and rear kits. Thanks and sry.

Its a great product, just not needed to me.

Dibs! Send a Paypal payment request to nandalora@comcast.net and I'll take care of ya!

Thanks,

Nick

Any updates? I only ask because it seemed as though some things might be wrapping up by the end of the week.

And we needed a bump :cool:

I will also say Im impressed by the overall numbers generated despite the quick timeline. CEG first maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back