• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking about selling my SVT

I know its been a while sence i last posted but i am thinking about selling my SVT an i realy have know idear whats it worth.

75,000 1998 red
16 svt rims plus 17 focus svt rims
The crazy stero system
bat springs and struts 1.5 years old
bat rear sway bar
bat renforced rear subfram

Any recommendation would be great thanks.

you know, ask anyone who talked to me at SZ and they'll tell you i was talking about wanting another contour already, and how i was saying i always wanted a red/midnight blue one...cause that was always my favorite color.

things that make you go hmmmm...

you know, ask anyone who talked to me at SZ and they'll tell you i was talking about wanting another contour already, and how i was saying i always wanted a red/midnight blue one...cause that was always my favorite color.

things that make you go hmmmm...
lol I'll fight you for it! T-red E0 FTW!

Actually I'm in no situation to own a second car right now. After I move to NH and save up some $$. I'm working at paying off the Maxima right now, only a few more months at my current rate.

So none of us actually answered heavyweight's question. I'd rough guess it at $4500-5000 given the mileage, age and mods. Better if it's in pristine condition, less if it needs any work.

That sounds about right if it is in really good condition. I got mine for $2000 with some work needed for the rear bumper, needs ac fixed, broken front spring, small dent in door, misaligned exhaust and a cel with 121K miles.

note to self..never sell a car moded..strip it to stock and then sell it as i have learned my lesson :blackeye:

So none of us actually answered heavyweight's question. I'd rough guess it at $4500-5000 given the mileage, age and mods. Better if it's in pristine condition, less if it needs any work.

I'd say $4000 tops. Book value is uselss. the miles are nice, we all know the deal with mods. and we're really not talking about alot of money as far as those particular mods go either.

unless of course you find someone in a hurry to get an SVT or can sit on it for a long time, which could also turn out bad.

True, I didn't count mods as meaning much in my guesstimate. But that mileage is low for an SVT Contour of any year, and makes the biggest difference in price.

Quick look at the numbers doesn't say much but it is 45K miles less than what elraido's was.

All of the SVTs on New England Craigslists are asking $4500-6500 with similar mileage (or more).

This is some more information on the stero.

Front doors JL XR653-CS
Rear Doors JL XR650-csi
Center JL XR525-CSi
Heard Unit IVA-D300 Alipne
Multimedia Manger PXA-H701
XM-Radio
Sub JL 12w7
Cap Stinger 1.0 Frad
AMp Hifomics 1,000x1
Amp Hifonics 80X4
AMP Hifonics 55x4 center

Attachments

• Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Door3.JPG
    Door3.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Trunk2.JPG
    Trunk2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
thanks for the input guys. I would like to post it for $8,000 with stero but might have to sit on it for a while i guess. All i can do its post in an creglist and autotrader. If that does not work I will start look for door panles and and gauge trim panle so i can pull out the stero.

honestly i think you're better off partiung out the stereo....cause you're never gonna get 8k for the car, and i personally would get rid of those door panels.

Yes I did buy it from Baco. The stero is a pain your either like it or hate or cool to look at but never want it in your car. I will place it on auto trader next month 7,500 bo let then talk me down and let them feel good. if the cars are going between 4-6 then i might just need to lower my expectations.Thanks for all the input.

I wanted to see what i could get for a trade in for it they offered me $1,500

PS:Your on frenchblueC2

they are def going for 4-6. the only way you're gonna get your omney back on the stereo is to sell it seperately. preferrably swap stock door panels with whoever you sell to as well.

i wouldn't offer you six considering the system would be coming out. and id have to buy new door panels and stuff...

Back