• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rebuild

low2earth

CEG'er
anyone have the know how on rebuilding an automatic trans in a 99 contour lx? also on where to find a rebuild kit?

rebuild kit - search the web. i found many in my search awhile ago. also look in the trans section there is a faq on the cd4e

as for someone with know how? i dont think anyone on here has the know how for a trans rebuild.

looks like im pretty beat then. cause i knew it was hard workand that id never try it but oh well. guess ill just sell my car.:shrug:

Check out the price of a rebuild. If you can switch it out yourself, this may be the way to go.....

http://www.phoenixhardparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=326

for sure, go to your regional section and see if you can get some help with pulling, moving, and putting in the trans. that will save you a boat load of cash. then read up every thing you need for your problem, check local shops and maybe by the parts your self. so then you know your getting th best deal on parts and you only have to pay labor on the repairs.

yea i saw that 900 bux. not really looking to spend a whole lot since i just spent like 1300 to get it fixed like 3mo ago. youd never guess it was the trans lol. so i got a guy to get me a jy 1 and put it in. so not wantin to do that again. was lookin for rebuild kits and i only found 1 for like 100 also how do i know wut trans i have?

^^^ yep yep

and if you look around enough and are willing to spend a few extra bucks on parts, their a a few fixes with line pressure, weak valves and such that you have a perfect oportunity to fix.

Back