• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally! Quality Pics since new mods! 56k DEATH!

And again, I say you must not know much about detailing. There is some light Micro marring in the first picture only. Which can be fixed with a cleaner wax, if not even a pure carnauba.

Personally I would use a Circular Polarizer or at least a UV filter.

I think the focus should be more on the ability of the photogher than the car itself. From all the pic shown I was not impressed with could be pic quality ( they look washed out) but that could be from the laptop I'm using right now, I'll post again when I view them at home on a better screen. Taking pic is an art and a good camera can take bad pic if not use in the right way. I would like to see his car in a black & white pic to see the depth in the paint. From the pic's posted it looks only surface shine and not the deep shine from a well detailed car.

I think it looks good, and have the same issue with my car sometimes. It will look perfect until you get it in different light, then all of the sudden you see every little mistake. Damn black cars! But I must say new rims would be a must, if it were my car. But I dunno' maybe you're going for the stock look.:cool:

I think the focus should be more on the ability of the photogher than the car itself. From all the pic shown I was not impressed with could be pic quality ( they look washed out) but that could be from the laptop I'm using right now, I'll post again when I view them at home on a better screen. Taking pic is an art and a good camera can take bad pic if not use in the right way. I would like to see his car in a black & white pic to see the depth in the paint. From the pic's posted it looks only surface shine and not the deep shine from a well detailed car.

This is a copy of the original picture (#3), cropped the front bumper and turned up the brightness so you can see the reflection better. No depth....pff :nonono:

showoff.jpg

I agree that one picture showed lots of marring on the side.. but the close ups at the front look extremely wet and don't lack depth at all.

I would like to see his car in a black & white pic to see the depth in the paint.
That's hilarious. Go find a day job :rolleyes:

I can see you are getting defensive about all this, cuz you mis-took my comment. I never said the car lacked anything, I was referring to your picture taking skills. I have reviewed the pics on my home monitor and can see where the photo mistake are. Black cars are tough so its best to take the pic in a shaded area where it will adsorb the reflective light and give the car color a deeper look.

1. angle of sun on the car...when the sun is high try to put it behind your back so its light will give the subject a even look.

This is a copy of the original picture (#3), cropped the front bumper and turned up the brightness so you can see the reflection better. No depth....pff :nonono:

showoff.jpg

This close up is the part not in the direct sun light, The E0's look washed out due to the angle of the light on them.
1001746da5.jpg

Here...now everybody STFU!

PICT0047.JPG

LOL, I can't help but notice the two people arguing are from CA. At least your guys' cars don't look like MINE in the above picture. Shesh, these CA people would probably have a stroke if their cars looked like that. :laugh: (It's all in good fun, so don't take any ish personally)

Car looks great.
What are the details on your exhaust tips?
I will be doing some this spring and those look good.
-J

Double wall angle cut tips. I didn't think they had enough shine to them when they were put on so I wetsanded them and polished the piss out of them. Now they are mirrors.

Back