• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New car in the family...

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Well guys, I saw a deal that I couldn't pass up and from the beginning I knew it was gonna be a project. Quite a few things are ghetto-rigged, but i'm working on bringing everything mostly back to stock or at least not-ghetto rigged.

Worst of the interior ghetto rigging was the door panels being put in with the wrong screws in the wrong places or no screws at all. Then the pieces that were painted blue were all scraped up and chewed up from being removed, but i've got all that fixed. The car now has a stereo and front speakers, got the rear door panels off and i've gotta install the pioneers in the rear.

It's gonna be a project but I think it's gonna turn out nicely. I'll try to post pics of the updated work in progress. Right now it has the center console removed because i've gotta fix a couple things under there including replace the ebrake arm...

Really wish i had a place to work on the car so i could have kept it.

O well it is in good hands now.

Hey Brett, do you have any idea why its got an automatic tranny'd computer in it? I just pulled the code and checked it and evidently its for a v6 auto...

It's coming, I think the rear chrome strip is going to be painted black. My buddy wants to fiberglass/bondo the rear fenders and paint them so we're gonna work on that...

I'll try to keep posting updated pics...

Hey Brett, do you have any idea why its got an automatic tranny'd computer in it? I just pulled the code and checked it and evidently its for a v6 auto...

No idea? I never replaced the computer, it has spit codes since I first bought it never had it checked out though. To be honest it may be a problem with the wiring harness.

As an update, i've got a new wiring harness for it. Traded for a spare driveshaft I had... :D

So, we'll see what that'll do hopefully later this week. But, the car does have an the computer out of an auto. Maybe it was originally an auto, either that or the PCM went bad and they replaced it with an auto one b/c they couldn't find a manual one...

Another update, car has stereo now! Old school alpine amp, kenwood front speakers and pioneer rear speakers. It actually sounds really good. I should have a bunch of free time later this week to fix the e-brake, rebuild the upper and lower intakes, maybe do some new plugs and a fuel filter as well. Oh yea, at some point I guess I should put in the harness as well... ;)

Should be rolling down 490/590/390 soon:cool: If you are stuck behind a 1998 Black Mystique LS 24V it might be me...My family has a 1995 Mystique with Duratec/MTX, 130 kmiles, still a nice driving car, as when it had 25kmiles, except for the right front wheel bearing:mad:

Look for my Mystique. The contour isn't on the road yet. Been getting things fixed up on it.

You can't miss my car, its cabernet red, FSVT wheels, SVT exhaust, you'll know its me...

I'll definitely take pics of that. Have they ever been done before?

Actually, I may pick up the gaskets tomorrow when I get outta my exam. I'm making another junkyard run tomorrow to pick up a few more things. ;)

Also, the car might be getting SVT front brakes... :D

I'm so used to them in the Mystique that it's hard to get used to putting my foot halfway to the floor to stop.

That looks a lot like my old contour. Put the SVT body on and leave the color...it should look pretty amazing (JUST MY THOUGHTS OF COURSE)

Back