• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

goodbye euro instrument cluster

Mondeo_CLX

New CEG'er
well, how should i start?

today i've build out the euro instrument cluster for an US/UK cluster.
so even an question, is this some like the contour instrument cluster from the usa? or more diffrent?

Foto%3DUMUHL7YL.jpg

hello new one:laugh:
Foto%3DFCUMIWN4.jpg

so, our little region called (Schouwen-Duiveland) has an max speed limit of 50 MPH:rolleyes: strange feeling about that now:shrug:

its pretty much the same, we did get a couple of clusters that went up to 150, but it was rare.

However, Im not familiar with the indicator light to the right of the battery light... is that a shift light or what?

its pretty much the same, we did get a couple of clusters that went up to 150, but it was rare.

However, Im not familiar with the indicator light to the right of the battery light... is that a shift light or what?

no, its the indicator for the cruise controll;)

What's the indicator next to the oil light? Parking lights? We have nothing there either.

Stupid Ford USA...

even, the european ford has an measurment for your water in the washer reservoir:rolleyes:

:nonono:

Our version highlights four key components:

1.) You've got low coolant, all the time
2.) You're not wearing your seatbelt, but after 5 secs, we don't care.
3.) Parking brake is up, whether it works or not is besides the point.
4.) Check Engine: The car is on, improperly though it may be. It is when the CEL doesn't shine that we become worried; a dead car!

Out of curiosity, why did you switch?

4.) Check Engine: The car is on, improperly though it may be. It is when the CEL doesn't shine that we become worried; a dead car!

im willing to assume because his KMH gauges didnt have any MPH markings, and in Europe a lot of countries vary in their unit of measure for distance, that probably explains why.

As far as I know it's just the UK and Ireland over here that still use Standard measurements for speed and distance. I would assume the car came from mainland Europe where metric is used.

why i switch? cause the mondeo (also know as the contour pré facelift) has the sizes and the looks of an american......
so, welcome american feeling inside:laugh:

even the nose will be an contour mk1 cause i found on the scrapheap an total damaged US contour with euro KMH gauges.
bud the nose is pretty healthy. so the transformation will be soon:cool:

when the car will change so slow, he just like as an transexual:crazy:

Back