• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone hitting up the slopes?

I was thinking of asking if anyone liked to ski. Was thinking of maybe doing a Ski Lodge type of meet, ski, tubing, or just hanging out in the lodge type deal.

Me, I don't ski. After dislocating my shoulder a few times and four surgeries later.... no way.

Maybe we could plan something for after the New Year?

I was thinking of asking if anyone liked to ski. Was thinking of maybe doing a Ski Lodge type of meet, ski, tubing, or just hanging out in the lodge type deal.

Me, I don't ski. After dislocating my shoulder a few times and four surgeries later.... no way.

Maybe we could plan something for after the New Year?

I like that idea a lot. We would just need to find a mountain that everyone could get to.

What about Big Boulder or something in that area? Seems like the area would be about the same distance for most people.

Maybe we could call ahead and see about a group rate also.

Ian, we should hit up ski sawmill some day, they usually have a deal for like 10$ with a PCT id.

Why not?
One, dont really like the cold(but for some reason im going to go to PSU and stay in this cold state) and when i went i hit a patch of ice and fell straight back on my head. That hurt a bit.

BIG BOULDER ftw!! great place.

good runs, not too crowded, great parks.

and for the old heads who dont ski, a nice well stocked, big tv, kareokee bar

What about Big Boulder or something in that area? Seems like the area would be about the same distance for most people.

Maybe we could call ahead and see about a group rate also.

Big boulder is a really nice place, the runs aren't the greatest, but they do make the best of what they have.
Big boulder offers night skiing as well, whereas Jack frost does not.
Also BB is great to work with for groups, and their group rates are good too.

I would be more than willing to make the trip there from almost any distance!

ive been snowboarding for 17 yrs and my slowest winter was 50 days on the trail, being a NH native id be all over a ski lodge meet provided i can get one of my boards down here in time.

If BB has decent group rates, lets go there since everyone seems to be cool with that place.

Jon, get working on getting the board here so you can go.

I believe BB requires 15 people to get the group rate. If we don't have that many, I know a local ski shop that sells discounted tickets, but don't know their prices this year.

Big boulder Group rates attached

Attachments

• jfbb.jpg
    jfbb.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
well i just found out that i will be going back to the other ne ceg in mid febuary. so if its before that ill try

You could always try to set up a ski/boarding meet in NH while you're up too. ;)
My company offers discounts to a few mountains, so I'd be happy to help people buy tickets.

I tried snowboarding once. I did fairly well, but it also made me realize how out of shape I am. I beat my body up pretty bad from falling on hard packed snow so often.
Plus I had my bindings set wrong. Pretty sure I'm goofy after that experience.

yea im not worried about that. if i do go to the meet i was a snowboard instructor for a few yrs and have my certification ill be more than happy to give some lessons to you who are interested

Back