• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

300mmx278mm brake group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can use these with the Wilwood calipers up front right? If so, I'm interested in both sets. LEt me know how much of a deposit I will need to put down. Is half cool for this week? Also let me know when the total amount is needed.

Mike

Last edited:
FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1. Rara
2. 99 red SVT
3. LoveMySVT
4. ????BigJim ??????
5. ExDelayed
6. nadthomas
7. juspifool

BOTH SETS:
1. Kremithefrog
2. starjammir Ready to send cash
3. KingpinSVT Ready to send cash
4. TourDeForce
5. mond12345 (NECO)
6. iluvmytour
7. Bensenvill (NECO)
8. DyComet Ready to send paypal
9. SvtTour98.5-3
10. RandyCSVT (just tell me when and where to paypal full payment)
11. Cougar99 Ready to send MO
12. rkneeshaw3.0
13. Mustang Ready to send cash / Paypal

New front instructions...

New front instructions...

I can use these with the Wilwood calipers up front right?
Mike

I don't know how the wilwoods are bolted to your car right now but if they have the same bolt offset then probably. You would have to check how it would fit up.

NEW FRONT INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED WITH PICTURES

front.doc

Some else please download, host them, and add in a link because my quota is almost up.

Thanks.

I can use these with the Wilwood calipers up front right? If so, I'm interested in both sets. LEt me know how much of a deposit I will need to put down. Is half cool for this week? Also let me know when the total amount is needed.

Mike

I can only speak for the VOA brake kit which uses the wilwood caliper, and SVTF Rotor, but the way you mount the wilwood rotor using their kit is by using a bracket similar to warmonger's backet, but its designed specifically for the wilwood caliper and the 300mm rotor. So the only way this would work for you would be if the wilwood caliper you have mounts directly to stock hardware with a stock rotor. Then clearance becomes an issue, with stock cougar wheels I can only fit a washer between the wheel spokes and the my wilwood caliper.

So, in short, I imagine that you should go wtih rears only.

Mike

Mike, the Wilwood caliper is a totally different animal than the stock caliper. Both kits out there that use the Wilwood calipers use seperate intermediate brackets sized for thier respective rotors (depending on whether you have the TCE or VOA kit). warmonger's front brackets are designed to be used w/ the stock CSVT caliper to put it over a stock FSVT rotor. You are confusing two completely different setups.

All that said, the rear brackets will balance out pretty well functionally with any of the front upgrades available, making for an overall better balanced setup than a front upgrade alone. For example, the rear upgrade will balance well with my current Focus SVT front brakes, but it will also balance well with the 13" Brembo front kit I currently am working on.

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1. Rara
2. 99 red SVT
3. LoveMySVT
4. ????BigJim ??????
5. ExDelayed
6. nadthomas
7. juspifool

BOTH SETS:
1. Kremithefrog
2. starjammir Ready to send cash
3. KingpinSVT Ready to send cash
4. TourDeForce
5. mond12345 (NECO)
6. iluvmytour
7. Bensenvill (NECO)
8. DyComet Ready to send paypal
9. SvtTour98.5-3
10. RandyCSVT (just tell me when and where to paypal full payment)
11. Cougar99 Ready to send MO
12. rkneeshaw3.0
13. Mustang Ready to send cash / Paypal[/QUOTE]
14. Slowcat (NECO...needs to confim ability to pay)

Status update

Status update

Hey, those of you who are stating you are prepared to pay this weekend:

I'm trying to get it via paypal. If you can't or won't do paypal then priority mail with a money order will work fine but I will need it by middle of next week when I have to go pay up for this stuff. This doesn't replace the need to get at least 10/10 paying via paypal, which gives me money in hand to pay for starting production. So if you can pay via paypal, do it.

I'm ordering a few extra sets but those of you with hard times, you need to submit 50% down and then I'll hold the sets for 30 days from when I would have been ready to ship them. After that 30 day period if they aren't paid for then they'll be up for sale.

So far so good. The group buy is going to go through now.

Payment for those who are paying electronically should be paid by Sunday evening. IF something happens where multiple people don't pay up, I'm going to pull the plug on it and refund the money.
I hope I'm not sounding mean, but I will be playing with a lot of peoples money and I don't like doing that for people who drag their feet. I want to look at this as a commitment, a solemn word from someone and the deadlines are set to protect everyone involved. It also means that those who are serious get their product a lot quicker.
Thank you to all who are participating for your trust, support, and patience. I won't abuse it. :D

Can you post your paypal addy please? I cant remember if you did somewhere in the post or not.
Thanks,
Bill

War, will send paypal ASAP but I have one question: Are we fairly solid on this price or do you think it will be going up? Have any idea?

War, will send paypal ASAP but I have one question: Are we fairly solid on this price or do you think it will be going up? Have any idea?

We are solid on the price. If you pay and it did go up, you won't have to pay more. WE have enough people now that it is close and if it did change then I'll just raise the price for anyone else buying after the price change.

Rara and those who are paying, thanks for being prompt. :cool:

No, the rear calipers do fit on the bigger rotor.
It doesn't look bad, trust me! :D

You just take a nice bit of silver high temp paint and paint the inside hate of the rotor on the rear, then use some solvent to clean off where the pad rides on the outside of the rotor. Or just mask it off with some tape the thickness of the rear pad and paint everything. I used Thermotec on my rears to prevent corrosion and match the silver wheel. Then I used Black VHT to paint the caliper brackets.

I wonder is there any benefit to having the bigger rotors on the rear then? You really are not taking advantage of the larger surface area of the rotor by using the stock rear CSVT caliper and you increase the rotating mass on the rear wheels. However if I guy was to use front CSVT calipers then you would probably have to get an adjustable proportional valve for the brakes because of the pressure increase needed to operate the front CSVT calipers on the rear... or am I wrong in my thinking? Thoughts/comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back