• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Remove splash guard underneath front bumper.

Unplug Fog Light bulb.

Twist old bulb out.

Twist new bulb in.

Plug in bulb.

Install splash guard.

I have a quick question on this. Why\when did Ford change the design? On my 95 (which didn't have fogs) the splash guard actually had little access ports that you could open to get to where the lights would be to change.

Seems to me it makes more sense to leave the access ports built into the splash guard, not only for consumer replacement, but also if the car were taken to a shop, or is it just another way to try to get people back to the dealerships for simple repairs?

I have a quick question on this. Why\when did Ford change the design? On my 95 (which didn't have fogs) the splash guard actually had little access ports that you could open to get to where the lights would be to change.

Seems to me it makes more sense to leave the access ports built into the splash guard, not only for consumer replacement, but also if the car were taken to a shop, or is it just another way to try to get people back to the dealerships for simple repairs?
my 2000 SVT has the access ports but its honestly easier to just undo a few torx screws than to try to mess with the plastic "christmas tree" clips.

my 2000 SVT has the access ports but its honestly easier to just undo a few torx screws than to try to mess with the plastic "christmas tree" clips.

Mine too. But my 95 actually had like a hinged door on each side, you just squeezed a clip and they flipped down, easy as pie! I was quite disappointed that my SVT wasn't set up the same.

Last edited:
Back