• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new Car 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

yeah I was thinking about the uuc but your right about the install. I havent really heard anything about the B&M have you? What cat-back are you think about, I was thinking about the magnaflow. We will see.

yeah I was thinking about the uuc but your right about the install. I havent really heard anything about the B&M have you? What cat-back are you think about, I was thinking about the magnaflow. We will see.

The uuc shifter seems like the way to go, so if I were to get one I would get a uuc. The exhaust I am looking at is the magnaflow. I have always like their mufflers, and their catback is reasonably priced. You can get a cheap magnaflow for about $600 and a cheap corsa for about $1000. I seriously doubt the corsa sounds $400 better. My first mods are defenitely focused on making this LS6 sound meaner.....silently flying by people is kinda fun though!

I talked to my friend last night about his Corsa exhaust system on his STS....He states that unlike other exhaust systems out there that are packed, Corsa is not, hence it won't get louder as it get older...His car sounds the same as when he installed some two years ago..Yes, very expensive, but money well spent when it comes to a Caddy.....

I gotta agree with Frank. If you want quality that will last, spend the money, good headers are gonna set you back a hefty $1000. I put a set of SLPs on a GTO with the LS2 along with the loud mouth 2 cat-back. It sounded amazing. But i heard the Corsa sounds even better. The only issue i have with corsa is that it is LOUD, louder than the loud mouth 2. I was very impressed with the build quality of the SLP set up. It was half a hair shy of art work. Give me a call, i'll explain more in depth.

I gotta agree with Frank. If you want quality that will last, spend the money, good headers are gonna set you back a hefty $1000. I put a set of SLPs on a GTO with the LS2 along with the loud mouth 2 cat-back. It sounded amazing. But i heard the Corsa sounds even better. The only issue i have with corsa is that it is LOUD, louder than the loud mouth 2. I was very impressed with the build quality of the SLP set up. It was half a hair shy of art work. Give me a call, i'll explain more in depth.

we'll talk soon. Any advice/knowledge is appreciated.

Randy - is there a solution to the exploding differentials on that car yet? Love the car, but I've heard horror stories abou the diff.

The problem only seems to be from launching it hard and getting bad wheel hop. Coming from a SVT Contour I have learned how to avoid breaking diffs and am ok with not being able to do crazy clutch side stepping. I have never been one to launch a car hard from a dig. There are anti-wheel hop kits and various braces that are supposed to help. I am not too concerned because I have a cadillac certified warranty till 100k.

Randy - is there a solution to the exploding differentials on that car yet? Love the car, but I've heard horror stories abou the diff.

Its rare for the read-diff to grenade itself. Diff whine and leakage is what is most prevalent. Supposedly the '06 cars were updated with newer, better diff's but no one is sure when the changover took effect. If you bring your '04 or '05 in under warranty for diff issues they will usually install the updated diff.

www.cadillacforums.com is a great resource.

lots of good info, but that site has taught me that we are pretty spoiled here. In order to get benefits anything like CEG (larger PM inbox (50max), inclusion in group buys or vendor discounts, and free vin checks) you have to pay $5 a month to be a supporting member. After they have your $5 a month you still have to deal with advertisements and a small PM inbox.

We get all that stuff here and more for FREE!!!! (although we should all show our financial support)

Back