• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new Car 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Check out my new car. I am absolutley loving it!

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029-1.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

PDR_0027_small.jpg

The last pic is what I want my engine bay to look like. I want to replace the Cadillac engine cover for Z06 fuel rail covers. I want to replace that restrictive intake tube, but not sure exactly how I want to do it. I am debating between a drop in K&N and my own fabricated intake tube or a K&N aircharger kit.

Very nice. I've always liked those CTS-V's alot, and you can pick them up for a good price now too. Congrats

The mod list will be very short, because I dont want any trouble with the 100,000 mile warranty being voided. As nice as a magnacharger sounds, that is defenitely not an option.

I have already modded it by installing the CAGS eliminator which gets rid of the forced 1st to 4th grear shift if you are driving slow in first gear.

I plan to:

1. tint the windows (somewhere around 30%, I had 13% on the SVT and couldn't see clearly at night)
2. Intake
3. Magnaflow cat back exhaust (maybe an x pipe and high flow cats)
4. Larger wheels with meatier tires, maybe a staggered set of 20" HRE's
5. Corvette fule rail covers
6. Add my subwoorfer and JL 500/1 to the factory stereo
7. a tune
8. Maybe if the mod bug hits me hard I will get a set of kooks headers.

If the warranty weren't an issue I would defenitely do the above and add a supercharger or different cams.

The mod list will be very short, because I dont want any trouble with the 100,000 mile warranty being voided. As nice as a magnacharger sounds, that is defenitely not an option.

I have already modded it by installing the CAGS eliminator which gets rid of the forced 1st to 4th grear shift if you are driving slow in first gear.

I plan to:

1. tint the windows (somewhere around 30%, I had 13% on the SVT and couldn't see clearly at night)
2. Intake
3. Magnaflow cat back exhaust (maybe an x pipe and high flow cats)
4. Larger wheels with meatier tires, maybe a staggered set of 20" HRE's
5. Corvette fule rail covers
6. Add my subwoorfer and JL 500/1 to the factory stereo
7. a tune
8. Maybe if the mod bug hits me hard I will get a set of kooks headers.

If the warranty weren't an issue I would defenitely do the above and add a supercharger or different cams.

Nice buy! Congratulations!

Don't you mean different CAM without the "s" since it's a "cam in block" motor as GM states.

you are correct mi amigo, but it doesn't matter because this car will never get that mod (where is the sad smiley face that is crying).

I love the color combo, but black is such a pain in the ass to clean. I almost wish I had bought the red one I was looking at first. I change my mind soon after washing it. It would almost seem strange to own a cadillac any color other than black.

Love the v series cars, never been/driven in a cts-v, but i have sts-v they are sick! grats on the new ride!

very nice. i would love to take one for a spin...just to see what 400hp feels like!

i was riding in this guys v6 cts once, and he's got lots of money, so i asked why he didn't get the V. And he said he didn't like it. I almost slapped him out of reflex.

400HP really feels great! This car really hauls ass in third gear and is even more fun to drive in competitive driving mode, which shuts off the traction control and reduces or shuts off the stabilitrack.

Back