• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

October at Gingerman

ESC

CEG'er
Earlier this year I bought a '92 Miata so my brother could take the Contour to school. I went to the track for the first time last month with some people from an Audi forum, and finally got around to uploading some photos..

IMGP4939-01_VS_web.jpg

IMGP4956-01_VS_web.jpg

IMGP4959-01_VS_web.jpg

IMGP4967-01_web.jpg

IMGP4970-01_VS_web.jpg

IMGP5010-01_web.jpg

IMGP5029-01_web.jpg

IMGP5034-01_web.jpg

IMGP5074-01_web.jpg

WOW! Amazing pictures! What kind of camera/ software are you using??

That white STI picture should be on a cover of a magazine.

What kind of camera/ software are you using??

Thanks, I took hundreds of shots just to get a small percentage to come out acceptably. For the week leading up, the weather forecast looked bad, but it turned out really great. The shots as the sun was starting to set were naturally the best looking ones. The only downside is, I don't really have any action pics of me driving.

I was using my brother's Pentax istd with a 200mm zoom shot freehand, the images were converted in Rawshooter. It was a good camera for the money, and compatible with all the lenses from my 35mm Pentax. I've been considering one of the newer digital Pentax models with the image stabilization built into the body.

What's with the hating on the festiva? I know of a few that could hand him his ass....

It was just an inside joke. That day was suppose to be the unveiling of a certain Festiva that should weigh in at around 300hp and 1700lbs with a full tank of gas and driver when all's said and done. Unfortunately it wasn't ready in time, but my friend decided that everyone should be reminded of the Festiva that wasn't there to hand us all our asses..it was all in fun. BTW, the Mustang wasn't suppose to be there either, it was procured as an emergency stand-in for my friend's modified S4 which decided it needed a new clutch days before the event.

Back