• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ stress

Dude pressing in a bearing is like $15. Tons of places do it. And your g/f job issue is rediculous. What if shed a brother or sister getting married and she needed time off? If they "forgot" with me they can stick it up their asses. Especially a mall job. So easy to get. Hope she doesn't get attached to a job in the real world. G luck making any $.

Yeah, I know, it's not the bearing press that expensive. It's the estimated labor time to complete everything.

I know, her job is retarded. I tell her that every week. She always says she is gonna quit, but never does. It's the same thing over and over and over. She just doesn't want to jump from one ****ty job to the next. But oh well. I can only help her out so much. The rest is up to her.

Tony.
547.jpg

we could do it saturday or sunday morning if you want. Saturday might be better as I am home. The hub isn't hard to swap and my father has all the tools to do it there. Let me know when you want to do it.

Or do you have all the tools or did your friend bring his own?

also are you using the ford axle nut or something different. might want to get new ones for when we replace it.

ford says you can re-use the nuts 5 times.

If you work on it sat. morning in Funroe, I can prob help out or at least watch you guys work on it. I think I'll be having brunch in the area.

You didn't just say you are having brunch did you? Are you driving your mini there? Are you going to the Christmas Tree Shop too?? I'll have to fight you to the death for that!!!

lol I just had a gut feeling she wouldnt be able to go and thats what happened. Im sorry dude but I feel your pain, remember last year? We were working on our cars till the last minute, literally, to get them ready for SZ. I STILL drove to SZ and back with busted axles :laugh:

I should tell you this, dont over do yourself. Dont kill yourself over SZ. It seems like your on the brink of losing it lol. Im sure you'll be all set in the end :) Wish I could tag along with ya :blackeye:

I know you've probably said this to Sandra, but I'm going to talk anyway. She is actively screwing herself over every day she continues to work at that place. Every job interview I had, the most difficult question to answer was this: "So, why didn't you take an internship while you were in school?" or "Why don't you have any experience in your field?"

If she continues working at Marshalls, then tell her she had better prepare a good answer because she WILL get that question in interviews.

I also have a friend who worked at Walmart for six years before quitting and then graduating college. It was his only job ever and absolutely killed his resume, took him many months and many interviews to find a job.

Anyway. No need to beat yourself up over SZ. The car is beautiful regardless! And if it's not drivable, then you have the Mystique as a CDW-27 backup. And if that's not drivable, then you can hitch with anybody ... We're driving five-passenger sedans, there's plenty of room. :)

Matt, I totally agree with you. I say the same thing to my younger brother. He is 17 and never had a real job. He delivers papers right now at about 4 am every morning before school, and while he gets by, it's not a REAL job. He is going to college next year and after that will have zero job experience. :shrug:

Brian, I called and told him to just replace the bearing and he said about $20-25 for that or maybe free if he can sneak it by his boss. I'll have the hub for the weekend, but I wouldn't mind tackling it and Mirko before that because of the whole paint issue. (shop closed on weekends)

Brian, I called and told him to just replace the bearing and he said about $20-25 for that or maybe free if he can sneak it by his boss. I'll have the hub for the weekend, but I wouldn't mind tackling it and Mirko before that because of the whole paint issue. (shop closed on weekends)

Alright. I think that thursday is now out for me as I am going to data log rogers car to see if we can figure the rough idle out.

as for the mirko, you can line everything up and drill the holes yourself as they are going to remove the hardware when they paint it anyway unless you want them to paint it ... either way it isn't that bad at all to do.

I know you've probably said this to Sandra, but I'm going to talk anyway. She is actively screwing herself over every day she continues to work at that place. Every job interview I had, the most difficult question to answer was this: "So, why didn't you take an internship while you were in school?" or "Why don't you have any experience in your field?"

If she continues working at Marshalls, then tell her she had better prepare a good answer because she WILL get that question in interviews.

I also have a friend who worked at Walmart for six years before quitting and then graduating college. It was his only job ever and absolutely killed his resume, took him many months and many interviews to find a job.

I 100% agree and couldn't have said it better, get an intership it is for the best

Alright. I think that thursday is now out for me as I am going to data log rogers car to see if we can figure the rough idle out.

as for the mirko, you can line everything up and drill the holes yourself as they are going to remove the hardware when they paint it anyway unless you want them to paint it ... either way it isn't that bad at all to do.

Well tomorrow the bearing probably won't be ready but if it is, tomorrow would be nice. If not, Thursday is out for you, and Friday I'll be with the g/f after work. So that leaves Saturday open for me, and Sunday is Mother's Day.

Back