• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True Forged Ford GT at LA Auto Show *pics inside* photo gurus input needed

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
one of my customer's cars we recently finished up the wheels on and finally got put on the car. the car JUST came out of Saleen yesterday afternoon for some repair work they had to finish up. they threw the wheels on and towed it to the show.
we didnt know the status of the booth and what time the car would finally get in so i had my "model" (a friend) on stand-bye till i knew it was a go. unfortunately, when she almost made it to the convention center, security walks by and tells us we have 25 minutes :( and she still had to get dressed, do make-up etc.... i guess it kind of worked out because i got a chance to see the lightning conditions and now can make plans to change things when we go back to try again.

i was using the stock, internal flash on my Rebel XTi, using a home-made diffuser after an svtp member suggested using one. also used a circular polarizer (also suggested by an svtper). i quickly realized that my flash is not enough and i will need to rent one. and since i was rushed, i didnt use my tri-pod to take all the pics. i needed to move quickly. i tried my best to research which settings to use to take the pics. someone suggested using Aperature priority mode but the pics i took like that came out dark and i couldnt figure out how to adjust it. i took these using Manual mode, ISO 1600, shutter speed varying from 8-60. i took a bunch of pics using different settings. many came out too dark, these shown are the best that i got.
im assuming i should also rent the bracket that pushes the flash away from the camera? and uses a remote cord? and i guess ill have to buy a real diffuser to use with this real flash. total cost to rent/buy these parts is about $50.

photo gurus, looking at my pics, any suggestions? although im doing this on a budget, id like these pics to hopefully be quality enough to use on our brochure covers. i know my friend can work some PS magic on it as well to help.

the car is Kentia Hall, booth K620. the company is Garage Envy which is owned by a good friend of the GT's owner.

KB pullied GT sitting on 19/20" three piece satin black Chicanes with satin black lips. gloss black assembly bolts and caps with custom etched "Ford GT" logos. we had the lug nuts powdercoated gloss black but they ended up not fitting :bash:
IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6772.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

The photos (and the car) came out pretty good! Id say, with a little PS magic...they could go on the brochure.

For the future, if you want to try and get more photos like this, invest in a cheap flash. Canon makes the Speedlite 220EX that you can get for about $100. It's basic, but its better the pop-up flash. If you look around, you can probable find some other flashes (non-Canon) for about that same price. You wont be sorry with an investment in a flash, especially if you want to start doing work for brochures. It will pay or itself :)

i really hadnt planned on that. i mostly use my camera for fun and for shots of cars to go on our website, though a flash may help there? outdoor shots?

i called the local camera shop and i can rent an ex550(?) for $15 per day, plus a few more for a bracket and cord.

i really hadnt planned on that. i mostly use my camera for fun and for shots of cars to go on our website, though a flash may help there? outdoor shots?

i called the local camera shop and i can rent an ex550(?) for $15 per day, plus a few more for a bracket and cord.

Thats not bad...and if your only using it here and there...renting might be smart. For outdoor shots, unless its dark, or you just want fill light, the pop up flash should be good for MOST occasions.

What kind of bracket and cord? Are you looking to get the flash off the camera?

those wheels are hot! i want something like those for my tour

Thats not bad...and if your only using it here and there...renting might be smart. For outdoor shots, unless its dark, or you just want fill light, the pop up flash should be good for MOST occasions.

What kind of bracket and cord? Are you looking to get the flash off the camera?

i forgot what kind they said but they said it was really good stuff. im figuring any equipment is a step up.

i was thinking of maybe making a set of these for my tour, if i end up keeping it.

i forgot what kind they said but they said it was really good stuff. im figuring any equipment is a step up.

i was thinking of maybe making a set of these for my tour, if i end up keeping it.

make a set for my tour yo! in gray

wow, those wheels are SEXY!

I love how the lug holes are dragged along towards the spokes, adds a really neat effect.

Back