• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Time for paint V2

MLuko

Veteran CEG'er
Yep.. my car is getting re-painted as some of you know.. I just figured I'd post pictures as i progressed with the car.. enjoy..
DSC01534.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

there is more hail damage.. but thoes were some of the bigger ones.. I will probably have more pictures up by friday night and things to explain on what i'm doing:cool:

Damn Mark, She gonna look secksay!
Pull out those dash pieces while your at it and brake calipers and do it all in the exact same paint!!!

Wow, you got her apart pretty damn quick. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PAINT BEFORE PAINTING!!! :laugh: :laugh: :crazy: We don't want it to turn out Cabernet Red :p :help:

A litte update.. I got everything off for what i need painted except for the door handels and windows.. I wont be taking thoes off till i am ready (want to keep as much dust outta the car as possible).. I had to drop the sunroof to get to some of the dents (not a fun job). Here are some new pics.. I wont have any more after this untill monday night at the earliest (no school on firdays)
Enjoy
Holy sand!!
DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

my classmates wrote that...
DSC01548.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

All tucked away for the weekend
DSC01553.jpg

me too. I think it makes the rear look more complete.

Everyone differs in opinion... I think SVTs look better without the spoiler. More clean and sleek looking. But anyways, your car will look sexy with new paint!!!

Post pics when done!

Reebs

Everyone differs in opinion... I think SVTs look better without the spoiler. More clean and sleek looking. But anyways, your car will look sexy with new paint!!!

Post pics when done!

Reebs

Its gonna be a wile.. after i'm done with this.. The motor is getting pulled.. it should be done right around SZ.. i hope

Its gonna be a wile.. after i'm done with this.. The motor is getting pulled.. it should be done right around SZ.. i hope

I would have reversed the order of the engine and then the paint! Oh well, anyways, what are your engine plans? 3L?

Reebs

It would have liked to do that.. But it was just on how things fell..

3L if i have money...

Seems like a good idea to do it all at the same time. Since the engine is getting dropped for the paint anyways.

I think he should throw a 3L in there, build up the trans and put a new Clutch and resurface the flywheel.

Seems like a good idea to do it all at the same time. Since the engine is getting dropped for the paint anyways.

I think he should throw a 3L in there, build up the trans and put a new Clutch and resurface the flywheel.

engine isnt getting dropped cuz of paint.. Its getting dropped so i can fix it up and add some stuff to the 2.5 and do the LCA's

Mark, can't wait to see it all done. Put me in the group that says NO to the trunk spoiler, especially on a T-Red. Unless its a lip spoiler off a pre98 SE. (I knew where there was one :cry: )

So how come you are painting it the same color? It would look better black.

You should know this already. For one changing car color is extremely difficult as he would have to strip the whole body interior and exterior, Well.. He could paint just the outside, but that would look like ass to have different colored engine bay and door jams. It would look ricey.

welcome to CEG... I assume since you are a new user you just purchased a contour... What did you end up getting?

Back