• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Most mileage you have gotten to a full tank.

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
Last night.... 443 miles, gas light on, filled up... 12.763 gallons till full. 35mpg baby :cool:

Whats the best you guys have gotten?

230 on 11 gallons in my 3 liter....

I have a heavy foot :laugh:

I remember 300+ at one point on the 2.5 & long highway trip

When I brought my SVT home from North Carolina, I ran 32 to the gallon for a stretch. That would work out to 448 if you knocked off with one gallon remaining. Pretty sharp. Mind you, that does not happen with any regularity, though I run 23 mpg in mixed and city while driving the car the way I want to. That's 322 without running bone dry.

Only had my 99 CSVT a few weeks (3 full tanks worth).

Last tank I went 339 miles @ 12.3g = 27.56 mpg

That was with about 60% city and 40% highway driving. I find I am usually easy on the throttle with anything I drive. My wife only gets 15 mpg city in her 5.4L F150. When I drive it, I get 17 mpg. Pisses her off. LOL!

330 miles at about 25mpg BUt that was on a long run motorway cruising around 80mph.

Generally runs around 21/22 mpg and have had it say 7mpg on the instant display!:eek:

BTW ST200.:rolleyes:

330 miles at about 25mpg BUt that was on a long run motorway cruising around 80mph.

Generally runs around 21/22 mpg and have had it say 7mpg on the instant display!:eek:

WOW. 25mpg seems low. Even at 80mph. I've seen up to 28mpg at 90.

Even the 1987 5-speed Taurus MT-5 that I had many years ago only seemed to pull about 19 mpg at 90, despite gearing that was as tall as a tree.

I don't expect too many SVTs could pull 28 at that clip, or anywhere near.

Even the 1987 5-speed Taurus MT-5 that I had many years ago only seemed to pull about 19 mpg at 90, despite gearing that was as tall as a tree.

I don't expect too many SVTs could pull 28 at that clip, or anywhere near.

I meant to say nearly 90. The trick is to stay below 4000 rpm, and don't use cruise controll. I don't think tha imrc is doing its thing at nearly no throtle below 4k. I'm not sure exactly how fast it is, but it's nearly 90. I clocked at least 20k on my svt this way.

I see about 24-26mpg's with commuting/city driving. It dips to lower 20's when I find myself rushing to work too many days in a row. I generally try and cruise and shift at 3K rpm's when I'm being gas-minded.

best ive gotten was on a long trip. 36 MPG. driving 70-110 mph the whole way, racing a bit.

when i go for good gas mileage i only get around 34 mpg, thats babying it, 55 on the highway, shifting at like 2250 rpms, coasting to redlights, etc.

i think the only reason the first time was so good was i only started the car twice.

usually i drive 15 miles, turn off, 13 miles, turn off, etc etc. so i start up the car about 20-25 times per tank. so i think thats why.

Back