• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom S/C or Turbo setups...

No doubt. I answered this last time the question came up... they stopped building it. I emailed them and asked about it.

search THIS forum, its not even old enough to be on the OLD forum. contour motormount =/= kennebell

The kit I'm making should be done fairly soon. There is a lot of interest so I'm working as fast as I can. The prototype bracket should be done soon. Once it's done and we verify it keeps everything positioned correctly we can have a bunch made and put the rest of the kit together.

Chris

I'd probably be interested when you are finished with the design....depending on the gains. If I remember correctly, the average gains with the Vortec were about 70hp, right? Any ideas on what your kit might produce or is it too early to tell?

The power output of the kit if we stick with the pulley we just bought will be very close to that of the previous vortech kit so 70hp would be correct then. You can change pulleys to get more power.

Chris

Are you designing a tensioner that will easily allow the change of pulleys without necessarily changing belts, or is this going to be run off the current serpentine setup?

The bracket will allow for tension adjustment for easy belt and head unit removal. It will bolt onto the current engine mount so you don't have to support the engine to install it. The power steering line should also fit like it does now without any modification.

Chris

Let me rephrase since I'm no good at asking questions: Will this supercharger use a longer belt on the engine's serpentince system, or will it use a seperate belt and tensioner?

there is another tensioner that stacks on the power steering pulley and is run individually, i'm fairly sure. thats how his TK setup works that i'm purchasing. that way if you throw a belt you don't harm the accessories function and you can make it home :)

I just want to know if there will be a bypass vavle for this, i just want 3-4 psi since its a daily driver, want to make sure i wont be stuck at 6+

Back