• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A new meet thread...

I test drove a cougar about a year ago (V6 5speed) and I want to say it felt like a pig handling...even though it is basically the same platform. How does it feel for you?

Um smaller than the contour :laugh: If it had good struts and my summer wheels I'd give it a good run for its money but with the snow tires I haven't tried. In the spring it will have newer SVT springs and struts :ponder:

The biggest complaint I have about the cougar (in general) is the crappy visibility out of the rear windows. I have pretty bad blind spots compared to my Probe that was surrounded by glass for the most part.

Well I have been thinking. When I was down in the cities a couple months ago I ate at a nice place called Granite City. If we do have a meet we should eat there.:drool:

You people that live down there know what there is to do down there. Post some ideas!!!!!:laugh:

Well I have been thinking. When I was down in the cities a couple months ago I ate at a nice place called Granite City. If we do have a meet we should eat there.:drool:

Yeah I've eaten at granite city before, it's not too bad. Has good idaho nachos :)

There are two of them that I know of, one just outside the cities off 94 in the Rogers direction, and one in Eagan by my work. As for activities I'm not so sure what we could do.

We could do like Nascar Silicon Speedway at the MOA? They have plenty of places to eat. :shrug: Though I know it's not a favorite meeting place.

Dude i'm down for a meet. I've never been to a meet yet, kinda eager to attend one. although, i'm only home from the 14th-5th. So hopefully it works out with the dates that i'm home for.
As for meet location, i'm down for where ever that's not 21+.

Last edited:
Ummmm I guess that makes me #3? LOL... I didnt realize you were that young Kyle. My birthday is on the fifth. I will be two decades old.:laugh:

Not many people do. I use that to my advantage - people usually think I'm at least 3 or 4 years older then I actually am...

Not many people do. I use that to my advantage - people usually think I'm at least 3 or 4 years older then I actually am...

Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am by 5-6 years :laugh:

I think we should have a Yamaha Taurus vs SVT Cougar matchup... on a closed track of course ;) I'm sure we could find one of those thats open in the winter?

Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am by 5-6 years :laugh:

I think we should have a Yamaha Taurus vs SVT Cougar matchup... on a closed track of course ;) I'm sure we could find one of those thats open in the winter?

If it was on a track I have a feeling the SVT would kick the snot out of most SHOs. Speaking of SHOs, there is a 94 5 speed in two harbors for sale for $3500 with 120K miles.

My age baffles a lot of people too. They think I am in my low 20's. Then I tell them I am 28. Hehehehe. Should see me when I shave. Even younger yet!

dude people think i'm usually 15 or 16 years old. No facial hair will do that to ya, but then again i'm glad i dont have any. I can get ready faster which = more sleep time before class:)

I forget how young this group is...

wOOt !!! I dont plan on growing up anytime soon. Im only 38 1/2.

I wish I had time to live it up. I dont have time for anything anymore.
suicide2.gif

I live like I'm in my late twenties already :laugh: Skipped that whole crazy college life.

I have my fair share of fun behind the wheel :) and when I get time I have a big waiting list of other stuff to do for fun.

Back