• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When to switch from summer to winter tires

Just finished putting mine on, here is an older picture of them on since it was too dark to take one tonight.
n20303248_31174895_1612.jpg

These rims I bought from a fellow CEG member from MI. Can’t remember his name but they were on his SVT before mine. I am pretty sure they were not a stock wheel from any production car. I think they were purchased as a wheel and tire package for winter from a wheel and tire shop.

I think they look better then steel wheels, and they serve a purpose to keep me and my car safe in the winter so looks aren’t a big thing for me when it comes to winter wheels.

damnit.

looks like snow showers on Wednesday night... I guess its time to winterize the Subie because I need to travel to Green Bay Wednesday night and then back to Manitowoc later that night and back to Madison the following day..

damn you Winter Weather!

I usually change my wheels in early October. I hate changing the wheels when its cold out:nonono: . Its a sad day when you have to put on the stock wheels:cry: .

lol ya those tires prob arent any good in the snow

this is my first winter using snow tires. the rest of the time when i had the SVT i just swapped on the E1's with z rated sumitomo's on. wasn't fun most of the time, but the lsd helped a lot.

These rims I bought from a fellow CEG member from MI. Can’t remember his name but they were on his SVT before mine. I am pretty sure they were not a stock wheel from any production car. I think they were purchased as a wheel and tire package for winter from a wheel and tire shop.

I think they look better then steel wheels, and they serve a purpose to keep me and my car safe in the winter so looks aren’t a big thing for me when it comes to winter wheels.

LMAO! Are those off MxRacers old winter Contour setup? Those are hilarious.

Not going to be poopy when you're raising the middle finger at old man winter as you're bustin' drifts.

Back