• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

optimal exhaust size?

you will most likly run into what harry is talking about and bog down.

i stand corrected, thanks hector.

Last edited:
You won't lose power.....you will MOVE the powerband. The stock exhaust is meant to make low end power. When you open the exhaust you move the power from the low end to the high end of the RPMS.

You won't lose power.....you will MOVE the powerband. The stock exhaust is meant to make low end power. When you open the exhaust you move the power from the low end to the high end of the RPMS.

Meaning, in the lower RPM's, such as off the line I'd have little to no power, but the higher RPM's would perform much better?

If this is the case, I'd probably go with a 2.25in all the way back to a single muffler in order to even it out.

Meaning, in the lower RPM's, such as off the line I'd have little to no power, but the higher RPM's would perform much better?

If this is the case, I'd probably go with a 2.25in all the way back to a single muffler in order to even it out.
Yes.:laugh:

thats what im going with as well. but im doing a header back and will have alot of N/A mods as well

Back