• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mike's tranny fix thread

We are not doing it until next weekend anyways.

I'm going to try to tow the car to Reebs on Friday the 9th. I'm not sure what time. It depends on when he is available. Hopefully by Saturday night I can drive the car! If not then at some point soon after!

im starting to rebuild them too!! but i still live in michigan :)
are we still up for the 9th reebs?

Yeah, if your down for lending a hand, then we will knock this thing out in no time and get him back on the road! The 10th will be the busy day, but the 9th is when he will be dropping off the car and we'll start digging into the project as much as we can that evening.

We just need to decide if we are going to go from the top or sneak it out the subframe this time. I prefer out the top, but if all goes well, I have been successful sneaking it out the subframe as well.

Is the bottom tricky to get it out but if you are able to it saves time versus pulling the whole engine and trans is easier but more time consuming?

Is the bottom tricky to get it out but if you are able to it saves time versus pulling the whole engine and trans is easier but more time consuming?

needs more better use of punctuation.

? = question

. = stop

, = slight pause

what I got from that is that; the bottom is tricky to drop the trans out, which yes it is tight to work with, but if you know how to do it, there is a lot more time savings to drop it out that way, rather than pulling the whole motor and trans from the top.

What alias said. There are a few things that can go wrong and kill time such as the subframe bolts spinning when trying to put them back in because the welds broke loose on the other side, etc... which is a huge PITA and time killer. It is just tricky getting everything lined up and getting the input shaft back in and stuff. That kind of stuff is alot easier to do with it out of the car! Most people would say to drop the subframe, but Grant and I have gone from the top so many times that we can probably do it quicker that way.

TERRY HAINES

Sorry roger, hes trying to stay under 40 thousand dollars.

Liberty gears if you go the built route. Paul will tell you honestly what needs to be replaced, and will replace it. Sometimes he has OEM take off parts he can sell you for cheap too.

I just wish I didn't have this problem. There are some damn nice 17 inch rims for sale around here that would have looked great on my car.

The FSVT wheels?

I really wanted those but im debaiting on keeping my car still, so I cant justify buying them.

My ST200 wheels, on the other hand, might be for sale soon.

The FSVT wheels?

I really wanted those but im debaiting on keeping my car still, so I cant justify buying them.

My ST200 wheels, on the other hand, might be for sale soon.

I like the FSVT wheels too, but no. I saw some nice 17 inch rims with new rubber on them for $500 in the EGL. I tried to show my buddy this morning and the thread wasn't there. I must have been dreaming!

I would like new rims and tires. I was thinking of buying 17s with nice summer tread then putting winter tread on my E1s. But I am out of money. It will have to wait. The tour will have to sit on snowy or icy days. I will drive my truck instead. (with it's $80 fill ups!)

One of my tires is bald. I need a new one. Anybody have an older tire 16in tire with some tread left? (If you keep your ST200 wheels long enough maybe I can get them after the new year)

never liked the ST wheels on an SVT.

I am a bigger fan of them on a non-svt, but I do think they look better than stock wheels on the svt, and they still retain the Ford factory image, instead of making the car look like a tuner.

Sorry roger, hes trying to stay under 40 thousand dollars.

Liberty gears if you go the built route. Paul will tell you honestly what needs to be replaced, and will replace it. Sometimes he has OEM take off parts he can sell you for cheap too.

Does he also have the revised 3rd gear synchro? I thought that was one of the main reasons why a lot of people had to go through Terry Haines.

This is going down on the 9th? I might be up for showing up too Jeff... You got a grille? I could bring some stuff for a BBQ

nothing better than dropping a trans and eating a burger :cool:

This is going down on the 9th? I might be up for showing up too Jeff... You got a grille? I could bring some stuff for a BBQ

nothing better than dropping a trans and eating a burger :cool:

well hell if this is turning into a b b que im coming to :laugh:

party at reebs!!

Back