• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ESU is a big pile...

that happened at my vocational school before during high school. i had the saturn here in ohio for a little less than a month when i blew it up :laugh: now the svt is back on the road until i can find another motor

another idea other than vandalism is that it seems like they were trying to remove the headlight/grill assembly to pop the hood...maybe to steal car?

You would have to be pretty freakin retard to steal a ford contour. :shrug: With mods and condition its probably worth like 3500-4000 at best. There are are ton of other cars sitting around campus that would be an easier steal and worth alot more :laugh:

Edit: Maybe they thought the y-pipe was a turbo pipe for a 4 cyclinder? :laugh:

Yeah, most specifically the Supra, MS6, multiple Cobra's and BMWs I've seen, doubt it was someone trying to steal anything, just being stupid and probably drunk.

:laugh: Well the update is that Friday my dad will be driving the Contour down to Airport road to have the insurance estimate done. I'm really hoping that they say its not that bad, but I wasn't going to touch the think and pull the headlight off. So best hope is that they say to plastic weld the bracket together and pay the tab. :laugh:

I just want my car back together. And the more I think about it, the more I could have probably put it back together this weekend. :nonono:

BUT on the brightside I would love to see what kind of estimate they put on the grill. :laugh:

Let's hope they replace the headlight! Tell them no plastic weld.

I got a grille for ya. I was going to take it apart and strip the chrome off of it but it's getting too cold. Let me know if you need it.

That's good. If it turns out that you end up needing the one I have just let me know.

Just to let everyone know a Painted Contour Grill is worth in the estimate of ~80 Dollars :cool:

So needless to say I have the money to fix the car.

Not sure if I want to just let a shop do it, or if I should do it myself. I will probably start taking it apart this weekend and make a decision. If I'm doing it myself, I will definately use some of the money to get the NE CEG sticker back on. :laugh:

people suck damaging another mans car is grounds for an ass kicking:mad:

Back