• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1+1 =

There are some paint issues with this one but it does look pretty good in pictures. ;)

I got the headlights looking much better. I bought the kit that Jason used and I also wet sanded them.

What has been done so far:
The trim ring has been painted black. The seats are coming out (one is out already), the carpet is getting a cleaning and the seats cleaned and conditioned. I knew there was a leak somewhere when we saw the car, it had that smell you get when something is/was wet, and that is being taken care of also. We got new wiper arms, they were bent and a new cowl piece (near the wipers) since one of them was broken.

Already got a belt and tensioner since they needed replacing.

We brought it home and ripped right into it.

I wish Aaron was home, soon it will be toothbrush and toothpick time. Haha, Glenn knows what that means....time to clean the door jambs, inside the trunk and under the hood. :)

I'll have some more pictures soon.

It sure will. :)

I have to admit it was pretty clean when we got it. You guys know me though, I still have to clean it myself.

This is what the car looked like on Friday:
nogrilleorheadlights.jpg

The headlights: before and after:

beforeandafter.jpg

I started out using the kit that Jason used, the first one I did came out pretty good. Then I decided to try wet sanding them. I wet sanded and then used the kid that Jason used afterward. They came out even better than I expected. There is some spider webbing and a slight haze on the inside still but overall much better. Before you couldn't even see the bulbs.

The trim ring is now black but didn't get to take a picture of that yet.

Here ya go Paul:

Here ya go Paul:

both.jpg

rightheadlight.jpg

That's not haze, it's the lighting:
newheadlights.jpg

They're like brand new! They look so much better. :)

No, nobody is in trouble. :)

I just posted that because I felt left out. lol :laugh: I thought I could guilt-trip Paul into hooking me up with some sweet PIAA bulbs. ;)

Sorry for the confusion everyone. :eek:

You almost guilt-tripped me into giving them to you. :D
I actually felt bad that Paul may have promised them to you and then I ended up with them. You wait!
Christmas is coming and the tree will be going into the trunk of the SVT. :laugh:

You can have my Contour floor mats if you want them, from the black SVT. I'll get you some pictures and then you can decide if you want them or not.

Aaron, I see your SE rolled 100,000 miles. :cool: You'd never know it by looking at it. :)

Last edited:
Back