• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got to drive a Shelby GT-H w/pics

Red99CSVT

CEG'er
Alright a friend of mine flew in to Hawaii on vacation and rented the Shelby GT-H for the time he is here basically he let me drive him around the island all day in it!!! Let me tell you all this car is a blast to drive only about 500 made total and the 4.6L in it the car get's up the exhaust note is awesome as well. Pretty much I had an awesome day and got to drive a killer car that turns heads everywhere it goes if nothing else. What a day.

How old do you have to be to rent one? I kinda want to just to beat the **** out of it :drool:

How old do you have to be to rent one? I kinda want to just to beat the **** out of it :drool:

most rental places require you to be 25 to rent, however some places allow you to be I think 21?

Hertz is where you want to look for a Shelby GT-H.

you probably have to be 50 and show proof of a six figure income to rent that thing from hertz! :laugh: seriously, i heard you have to sign about ten pages of warnings about returning the car back with all the parts and in mint condition blah blah blah.

that looks NICE!! i didnt even know they made the new GT-Hs in verts. looks even better than the coupe. do you know how much he paid for the rental? i know different areas are charging different amounts and im assuming the vert is more than the coupe..

I know he's paying about $180 a day as for the paperwork I don't know but it was fun to drive.

Yes it is another mustang but have you seen one of these driving around??? I didn't think so. It was fun and the attention we got driving this car around was intense everyone that I saw lookng at it did a double take, lol. All I'm doing is bragging a little cause I got to drive one of about 500 special edition cars and sharing some pics that's it.

I know he's paying about $180 a day as for the paperwork I don't know but it was fun to drive.

Yes it is another mustang but have you seen one of these driving around??? I didn't think so. It was fun and the attention we got driving this car around was intense everyone that I saw lookng at it did a double take, lol. All I'm doing is bragging a little cause I got to drive one of about 500 special edition cars and sharing some pics that's it.

Enjoy it and brag about it if you like. If it made your day or even your week . Then it was well worth the money spent and the excitement you got out of it.

The only problem is you cannot turn off traction control.

They are pretty fun cars, but not what I imagined they would be. I wouldn't pay to rent one.

The lines for the hood pins are so long, they flap in the wind while driving.

Last edited:
The only problem is you cannot turn off traction control.

They are pretty fun cars, but not what I imagined they would be. I wouldn't pay to rent one.

The lines for the hood pins are so long, they flap in the wind while driving.

yes you can turn tc off, it has been on the internet how to do it since the car came out for rental, just have to make sure you set it back as its on the check list of things to check when the car comes back in ...

side note, off the line the car bogs some with the automatic but runs a decent time .... turn TC off and it will light the wheels up ... I know because a friend of my father rented one and went right to the drag strip and then to a car show the next day at Lime Rock. I told him how to disable the TC and a few hours later we got a call and he said he would need to replace the tires before returning the car :laugh:

yes you can turn tc off, it has been on the internet how to do it since the car came out for rental, just have to make sure you set it back as its on the check list of things to check when the car comes back in ...

side note, off the line the car bogs some with the automatic but runs a decent time .... turn TC off and it will light the wheels up ... I know because a friend of my father rented one and went right to the drag strip and then to a car show the next day at Lime Rock. I told him how to disable the TC and a few hours later we got a call and he said he would need to replace the tires before returning the car :laugh:

You're right it is possible (the one I drove belongs to Ford Racing and they disabled it), but I didn't know they had the directions on the internet.

On their car, they just had a piece of wire behind the T/C button preventing people from pushing it.

Too bad they're automatic. GT-H, H = Hertz, its a Hertz special edition mustang, can't get them anywhere else. Its harder than hell to find a rental car with a manual transmission, but for good reason I know.

A manual would have made the car alot more fun espically on the few twisty roads here. Still fun and not something I was expecting I'd ever be able to drive.

Back