• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Switches, Official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a master window switch from a Mikael G. in St. Joseph, MO. I don't remember exactly what I'm doing with this or who it's for. I have the paypal transaction from awhile ago for doing this in blue, but no associated screen name. Any help?

Well my passenger side lock switch is beginning to flicker on my current LED setup (picked up from another CEG'r a while back) so I imagine its about to die. Gives me another reason to get my switches out to you pronto. I just wish we would get a break in this weather so I can remove them :bah:

Well my passenger side lock switch is beginning to flicker on my current LED setup (picked up from another CEG'r a while back) so I imagine its about to die. Gives me another reason to get my switches out to you pronto. I just wish we would get a break in this weather so I can remove them :bah:

Probably because he did it the lazy way and didn't change out the resistors... so the LEDs were getting too much current and die quicker.

I've done another 2 sets, along with the door handle LEDs, and a dimmer switch; one set in white, which looks fantastic. Still offering this service btw.

yeah, i need to get off my ass an do these. did you post a how to for removing the switches without breaking the tabs off?

yeah, i need to get off my ass an do these. did you post a how to for removing the switches without breaking the tabs off?

What tabs? You should be able to pop them out, then press down on the little black tab with a small screwdriver and pull the switch out. Just like any other multiplug in the car.

I'm interested in doing the whole dash in blue. I saw a pic on CEG of a guy that had all the switches and instruments done in blue, looked very clean.

What's involved in getting the instruments in blue? Just scraping and LED's, or more? Also if you are able to do it, how much would it cost? All windows, all locks, sunroof, Temp controls, and Instruments? Etc, etc.

Thanks, Chas.

I'm interested in doing the whole dash in blue. I saw a pic on CEG of a guy that had all the switches and instruments done in blue, looked very clean.

What's involved in getting the instruments in blue? Just scraping and LED's, or more? Also if you are able to do it, how much would it cost? All windows, all locks, sunroof, Temp controls, and Instruments? Etc, etc.

Thanks, Chas.

Cost and info on this has been covered, read the first post on this thread.

Cost and info on this has been covered, read the first post on this thread.

I did, but you do not have the instrument cluster listed, etc. I was asking if you did this as well, and what the total would have been with this included (1998 Contour). Led's in blue (needles in red, if possible?)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back